Senior DevOps EngineerApply Job ID REF6429A Date posted 05/10/2022 Address 6451 North Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, FL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
Alpine is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Ft. Lauderdale office. In this role, you'll take the lead on our DevOps strategy to define and manage software tools, source control systems and build/delivery pipelines. A primary focus of this role will be automation and streamline of operations and processes. This position will also lead in the design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of proprietary software programs utilized to improve software development operations.
- Define and manage the software tools and processes used by the software development teams including SCM, Atlassian products and CI/CD tools
- Lead the development, testing, and debugging of code/scripts for build, packaging, and deployment of both Desktop and Server-based applications
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Develop and monitor metrics and to automate and measure efficacy of software build, package, and delivery processes
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Design, implement, and monitor build, deployment and configuration pipelines and standards
- Define, create and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code build/package/deploy using PowerShell, Octopus, Puppet/Chef or similar tools
- Conduct application readiness assessment including application mapping to understand application dependencies
- Develop and maintain monitoring solutions for all environments including cloud and onsite, develop and maintain infrastructure-as-code (IaC) libraries and automation code bases
- Research and recommend new technologies and toolsets for the DevOps processes
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferably in Computer Science or Engineering related fields or specialized training in coding
- 6+ years’ experience as DevOps or similar role
- Experience with application containerization and orchestration frameworks, i.e., Docker, Kubernetes
- Experienced with configuration and management of SCM systems such as Azure DevOps, BitBucket, and SVN
- Experienced in automating software build, deployment and server configuration management and continuous code integration using tools such as Chef and Puppet, Bamboo, Jenkins, and TeamCity
- Experience incorporating automated testing frameworks into the CI/CD pipeline
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Python, etc
- Knowledge and proven experience with various Development Methodologies and Frameworks such as Agile and Scrum
- Complete understanding of multiple SDLC and ability to mentor others on SDLC
- Excellent problem solving and strong analytical skills, ability to work on complex DevOps tasks and lead large initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills; ability to generate and deliver presentations
- Ability to work in teams and independently, able to coach new or less experienced team members in day to day operations as well as technical knowledge
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and regularly required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.