Software Development EngineerApply Job ID REF8497U Date posted 11/03/2022 Address Summit Avenue, Farnborough, England Job Type Full-time
Want to work for a company who protect the consumer whilst also having a highly commercial focus? ‘We Keep Food Safe’ from physical contaminants, saving lives and reducing waste.
LOMA SYSTEMS is a premium worldwide manufacturer of inspection equipment, used to identify contaminants and product defects in the food and pharmaceutical industries. LOMA Systems has over 50 years of experience developing and installing Designed to Survive ™ equipment, that delivers on our company purpose to ensure when products leave the factory they are contamination free, to the quality intended and safe for you as the consumer. We pride ourselves in delivering on our commitments, providing high quality technical service and trusted advice to our customers.
Our culture is hands-on
At Loma Systems every individual is encouraged to take the initiative to get things done, and you will have the opportunity to make a real impact. LOMA Systems’ parent company is Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a fortune 250 diversified industrial manufacturer of value added consumables and speciality equipment. ITW live by a philosophy of autonomy and a decentralised culture. This unique relationship means Loma systems can offer a personalised experienced to each and every employee, whilst offering the career progression and stability that comes from working for a larger organisation.
At Loma and ITW we leverage the 80:20 principle in everything we do. We are serious and focused on improving food and pharmaceutical safety, but know that they best way to achieve this is through employing a positive mindset and have a one team culture. If you have a proactive approach and want to make an impact, we want to hear from you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team! The Software Engineer role is required to supplement the existing software team resource to help support growth in Loma’s development programmes. The Software Engineer role supports development projects and works on assigned software defects and delivers resolution to specified performance standards.
- Design, develop, test and implementation of real time software primarily in Embedded C using PC based development environments and for a variety of target devices.
- Cover the full project life-cycle from initial feasibility studies, bench tests, capture of requirements, design, test, verification, release to production and post introduction support (including defect investigation and resolution).
- Works collaboratively on assigned sub-system development projects or works on a series of maintenance issues to improve existing system quality.
- Documents design specifications and implementation details
- Creation of test specifications and procedures to aide proper validation of products
- Use of JIRA, TestRail and source control software to self-manage development tasks
- Works to gain an in-depth understanding of customer and user interaction with Loma’s products that can be fed into both development of products and continuous improvement program.
- Educated to at least degree level in a Science or Engineering subject, preferably software based, and have some experience in an appropriate engineering environment (capital equipment, instrumentation, machinery, industrial, aerospace, etc.)
- Experience with Visual Studio developing applications in C# and C++ for single board PC’s.
- Experience developing compact, focused and intuitive Graphical User Interfaces for machinery.
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Experience of full software life cycle and system development – application design, development, deployment, debugging and troubleshooting.
- Highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills, can interact well with both internal and external parties, and write clear and concise documentation and reports.
- Good self-project management skills and able to own a project or sub-task.
- Strong Experience and technical proficiency in software tools and technology, including Microsoft Office, JIRA, Test Rail and source control software.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally on short trips when required.
Desirable would be:
- Experience of using USB, Ethernet and other synchronous and asynchronous communication protocols.
- Experience with IAR Development Environment.
- Experience within food /pharmaceutical production/ packaging industry, or related.
What you can expect:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Company Pension
- Discount Platform saving employees £000s per year.
- 25 Days Holiday per year
- 1 Paid Charity Volunteering Day per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Work Place Nursery Benefit
- Gym Discounts
- Phone Discounts
- Technology Savings
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Flu Jabs
- Death in Service Benefit
- Long Term Disability Benefit
- Enhanced Sick Leave
- Enhance Parental Leave
- Training & Development
- Great Company Culture
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.