Manufacturing EngineerApply Job ID REF1656K Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 1000 North Armstrong Drive, Fairmont, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment and solutions. With wholly owned businesses in nine countries, and partners in more than 70 others, we are truly a global player with a range and expertise that is second to none.
With its North American headquarters, R&D and manufacturing base in Minnesota, Avery Weigh-Tronix has a presence across the whole of the United States. Our established network of distributors and dealers undergo extensive product training to provide you with a trustworthy and knowledgeable source for all of your weighing requirements.
Job Summary: Provide daily support to production areas and continuously improve manufacturing processes by providing necessary equipment, fixtures and plant layout improvements based on company toolbox strategies. Assist with environmental, health, safety and ergonomic issues. Lead and participate in team projects focused on company financial metric improvements. Activities include documentation of product assembly methods, work standards, equipment layout, design and implementation, material handling, manpower evaluations, equipment and material utilization in order to improve operating performance.
· Develop and maintain a safety first culture, provide a safe work environment meeting company and government requirements.
· Focus and direct manufacturing engineering resources in a fashion that meets or exceeds internal and external customer expectations while achieving company financial metrics.
· Direct, formulate and recommend innovative manufacturing procedures, plant layouts, material handling methods and proper utilization of labor, machines and tools.
· Create and maintain production routers and raw material requirements.
· Research capital equipment, compose and submit capital expenditure request documentation, including return on investment models. Upon gaining the required level of approvals order equipment, schedule deliveries, utility preparations and schedule riggers if required.
· In partnership with design engineering, coordinate the introduction of new products into production to achieve increased customer satisfaction and corporate profit objectives.
· Develop and implement short and long term strategies and contingencies for assigned areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Qualifications
Knowledge: Experienced using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Access. Preference is given to individuals with design experience using Autodesk products.
Skills: Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Abilities: Be able to make independent decisions based on the goals and objectives of the company. Ability to design basic mechanical and electronic fixtures using a cad based system. Collaborate with others in a positive manner. Position requires a very flexible individual with the ability to quickly solve problems and implement corrective actions. Many decisions are made independent of direction from above following broadly defined goals and guidelines.
Education: B.S. in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering Technology or related.
Specialized Training Autodesk products
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.