Manager Dillon SegmentApply Job ID REF7425Y Date posted 08/04/2022 Address 1000 North Armstrong Drive, Fairmont, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment, measurement devices, and global solutions. With wholly owned businesses in six countries and partners across the world, we have global expertise that is second to none.
With companies in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, Malaysia, Ireland, and around the world; we draw on extensive international research, product development, manufacturing, sales and service resources that employ more than 1,000 people worldwide. These are supported by a network of dealers and distributors who sell and support our products around the globe.
We work closely with our customers on a local and international basis, applying the latest weighing and measurement technology to create innovative, market-focused solutions. This has leveled us amongst the world's most comprehensive weighing and measurement portfolios, supported by ancillary equipment and systems software. From truck scales, train scales, tension meters, forklift truck scales, cable line tension meters, and software solutions, to medical counting solutions, our ranges meet the needs of small independent companies and large multi-nation businesses.
Objective of role:
Our Dillon brand provides a range of load monitoring, cable tension and force measurement products, from software to force gauges, crane scales, dynamometers and tension meters. The Manager Dillon Segment is responsible for supporting and executing a Long-Range Plan strategy with the primary aims of :
1. creating and executing a Strategic Intent for Dillon applying ITW 80 20 logic to identify priority growth opportunities with clarity around where we need to preserve and strengthen current capabilities as well as what we should de-emphasize distractions
2. enacting an in-depth benchmarking of our product line versus leading competitors, bridging any gaps in our offering and re-invigorating our Innovation Pipeline by identifying critical needs and pain points to develop and launching next generation offerings
3. identifying the most effective route to market (go-to-market strategy) for our priority growth opportunities identified in the Strategic Intent Statement covering both product and service repair and calibrations.
This role will lead a team that will primarily work with Dillon channel partners and also “end user” customers but who will work with you to build any new go-to-market channels you may develop as opportunities. The role will involve sales to some Industrial Scale distribution channel partners which will require at times alignment of approach with our Industrial B.U. Commercial team. The role will work closely with our Operations team to support Excellence to our priority Customers.
Accountable for P&L/Income Statement delivery as agreed for Annual Operating Plans.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver near term Annual Operating Plan organic growth with an emphasis on Material Margin improvements whilst investing significant time in positioning the Segment for long-range plan sustainable growth with the right offering and go to market strategy
• Responsible for the Dillon Product Life cycle management • Lead, support and actively develop a team (currently US and UK based Sales) to actively grow our market share in USA and ROW markets through existing or newly identified channels
• Lead and deliver the Discovery Phase of our Serial Innovation process prioritizing all quantifiable and validated 80 pain points, competition analysis, validation of any Value Proposition and presentation and approval of the Business Case for Create, Develop & Deploy New Product Development phases
• Working in partnership with R&D & Innovation, strive to ensure that when we deploy any Innovation Pipeline projects that we are best placed to generate incremental revenues at quality margins that not only defend but enhance our share position
• Lead a team and/or work with the wider AWTX team and where appropriate 3rd parties to identify sophisticated needs and challenging pain points that are a good fit for our technologies and competitive advantages in our 80 Dillon market
• Benchmark competition and their products and be able to find ways to differentiate our products from the competition
• Lead or support any ITW 80 20 led operational excellence projects that will enhance the Dillon Segment ability to deliver best in class end to end priority Customer Service including on-time priority Product delivery to our priority Dillon Segment customers
• Provide all necessary detail to support monthly and quarterly financial forecasts including any risk and mitigation plans
• You can view a business segment strategically terms of customer expectations and pain points, commercial offering and Talent needs for us to support a sustainable improvement plan & you are comfortable with supporting the development of Long-Range Plans whilst executing tactical plans
• The Dillon Segment is a critical part of our Focused B.U. growth and therefore requires a significant share gain opportunity mindset
• You have a strong technical and user application background supported by Product Life cycle management skills and experience in customer research plans with “voice of customer/business” skills to identify meaningful pain points
• You will be positive, extremely flexible and able to work well under pressure and to targets and deadlines, being able to demonstrate levels of flexibility in working hours and attitude towards changing role demands
• You will react instinctively to changes in demand and have the strength and conviction to make decisions on the go, being able to communicate these in an efficient, effective, and easily understood manner
• You must be a strong “hands-on” and collaborative team player across the wider business but also be able to work independently and on your own initiative • You will be able to complement revenue opportunity with cost and margin in your decision-making processes
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.