Information Systems SupportApply Job ID REF2786S Date posted 06/16/2021 Address 1000 North Armstrong Drive, Fairmont, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world's leading suppliers of weighing solutions. With 200 years of experience, the company designs, manufactures, markets and services a broad range of high-quality industrial products and weighing systems. By drawing on the latest research and technology from around the globe, Avery Weigh-Tronix offers a product portfolio that is second to none: providing business focused products and solutions under several of the industry’s most established brand names, including Avery Weigh-Tronix, Brecknell, Eyecon, and Dillon.
Job Summary: Responsible for supporting the Information Technology Manager, Programmer, IT Analysts and Network Administrator as well as End Users.
Tasks, Duties, Responsibilities
· Perform System Operator Duties for the I-Series (AS400) including the submission of jobs, saves, history logs. Daily weekly, monthly and year end processing job scheduling.
· Maintain, Develop, Enhance, and Adjust settings and configurations within the Help-Systems family of products including Robot Scheduler, Alert, Replay etc. for optimum efficiency.
· Field calls directed to the IT Help-Desk from our end users in a professional and courteous manner -providing for a high level of service.
· Learn and trouble shoot operations software (Robot, KBM400, LXI Quadrant, Compress, Microsoft Office, etc.).
· Customer support (deliver reports, answer software questions, electronic forms setup etc.).
· Ensure Data Backups for I-Series system are scheduled, completed, logged and secured
· Assist in documentation control for the Information Technology department.
· Inventory control for the Information Technology department stockroom.
· Perform upgrades for AS400 based Software Products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Qualifications
Abilities: High level of trouble shooting ability. Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Education: High school graduate required. AS/400 operations and software applications helpful but not required.
Experience: Training in software applications, hardware maintenance, and basic system operations.
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Employees will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of their Supervisor. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.