Human Resources Business PartnerApply Job ID REF2547T Date posted 05/18/2021 Address 1000 North Armstrong Drive, Fairmont, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment and solutions. With wholly owned businesses in nine countries, and partners in more than 70 others, we are truly a global player with a range and expertise that is second to none.
With its North American headquarters, R&D and manufacturing base in Minnesota, Avery Weigh-Tronix has a presence across the whole of the United States. Our established network of distributors and dealers undergo extensive product training to provide you with a trustworthy and knowledgeable source for all of your weighing requirements.
The HR Business Partner is responsible for a wide range of functions including HR strategy, organization design and effectiveness, talent management/employee development, compensation, employee relations, HR policies and procedures, HR legal compliance, and organizational culture. This role ensures HR strategy aligns with ITW’s Enterprise strategy and the strategic plans and operational objectives of the division. This role will include direct management and development of HR professionals. The Division HR Director will report to the Industrial Division Business Unit Manager and will be responsible for managing and coordinating all HR activities within the division. This position reports dotted line into the Platform HR Director.
To be considered for this position you MUST complete this VERY BRIEF survey below. Please click on the link to complete.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with BUM’s and actively participates with business leadership in strategy development and operational planning for the division.
- Develops actionable HR strategies and tactical plans to support the achievement of divisional goals. Works cross culturally to achieve business outcomes and improve organizational effectiveness.
- Partners on long range and annual plan development. Identifies implications for organizational strategy along with recommendations to support longer term business growth. Collaborates with management to identify change management implications and leads change.
- Consults with and advises business leadership on organizational design that will enable the business to grow and operate effectively. This includes evaluating work structure, job design, and manpower forecasting, interdependencies, and role and responsibility clarity.
- Proactively identifies organizational needs (talent assessment, team effectiveness, staffing, etc.) and develops strategies for resolving and addressing needs.
- In concert with management, builds and champions a positive employee culture. Champions inclusion and diversity, strategies, and plans. Provides high-touch HR support to the business.
- Assesses organizational capabilities and identifies gaps. Actively participates with business leadership to source, evaluate, select, and onboard talent. Coaches business leaders and their teams on the development of others to advance movement of talent across business groups.
- Develops and administers job evaluations and annual merit review programs, using relevant market data as needed, to maintain competitiveness.
- Builds and drives employee engagement. Advises and coaches managers on resolving employee issues. Manages complex or significant employee relations issues.
- Directs, recommends, and proactively communicates appropriate local implementation of HR policies, practices, and initiatives. Ensures legal and regulatory compliance including equal employment opportunity/affirmative action, wage and hour, and work authorization.
Knowledge Skills/Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field, and a minimum of 5 years of progressive HR experience in leadership positions
- Experience in all facets of human resources including knowledge of employee relations, legal compliance, coaching and development
- Experience in talent planning and management including talent assessment processes and succession planning
- Cross-cultural experience; able to manage and influence in multiple countries/regions
- Possess strong cross-cultural awareness
- Independent and organized work style: Effectively manage time and prioritize workload, assume and manage multiple tasks without close supervision, adapt to change, and consistently meet deadlines. Ability to make independent decisions and regularly suggest ways to improve services and processes
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Requires approximately 20-30% travel
- Experience in fast pace and high growth organizations
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.