General AssemblerApply Job ID REF3337T Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 1000 North Armstrong Drive, Fairmont, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix (AWT) is among the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment with company facilities in 9 countries, and partners in over 70 others. With its North American headquarters, R&D and manufacturing base in Minnesota, AWT has an impressive set of products, activities and skills in its Fairmont facility including truck scales. Forklift scales, pharmacy counters, ag scale components, dynamometers, retail/postal scales, load cells, instrumentation and much more.
AWT is a leading employer in the area, with people traveling from many communities in southern MN and northern IA. Employees work at AWT much longer than other employers due to its attractive combination of very stable employment, consistent schedule, flexible paid time off, medical, dental & vision, retirement contributions, comfortable indoor work environment with purpose designed workstations, safety focused culture, and opportunities for advancement or work other functions, including development of trade skills such as welding & machining.
Job Summary: This position is in our West Assembly area and will perform various assembly-related operations involving electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical components, sub-assemblies and final assembly levels. This may include strain gage bonding, wiring & soldering, calibration, test, potting, general mechanical assembly and other activities.
Regular hour schedule for this this position is Monday – Thursday 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM with ½ hr lunch each day. Overtime is scheduled when needed extending into Fridays and on occasion Saturdays. Overtime is typically shorter workdays when scheduled.
Essential Functions and Key Duties
· Operate a variety of power tools, hand tools, lift assist devices, material moving equipment as appropriate.
· Work at a variety of workstations and on a variety of products.
· Retrieve parts from a variety of heights including floor or overhead.
· Read and comprehend drawings, work-aids and safety documents.
· Practice good safety and housekeeping skills, including active participation in 5S program and Continuous Improvement activities.
· Periodically work with materials designated as potentially hazardous. Safety Data Sheets are on file and regularly reviewed.
· Conduct preventive maintenance as appropriate. Report equipment maintenance issues requiring technician review.
· Assist in directing workflow and training of others as required by your supervisor.
· Communicate with team members in a collaborative and positive manner.
· Demonstrate sufficient technical and quality proficiency.
· Attain production output consistent with typical employees.
· Report to work by scheduled start time, maintain break schedule and return to station by prescribed start time.
· Utilize computers and terminals to log in/out throughout day and submit time off requests.
· Complete paperwork requirements and computer data input.
· May be assigned to different product lines as necessary to meet customer and/or company objectives.
Skills: Self-management skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, communication/personal interaction skills are essential. Basic counting skill is required. Basic soldering experience helpful. Basic knowledge of a computer and keyboarding experience helpful.
Physical requirements: Ability to stand or sit entire shift as the task requires. Good hand-eye coordination and depth perception. Ability to walk over a mile throughout the workday. Full use of both hands and legs. Hold hand and arm position steady for several seconds. Ability to view, grip, manipulate and assemble small parts. Ability to lift and control 25 lb overhead momentarily. Ability to effectively work in both high-variety and high-repetition environments for full shift. Requires minimal breaks beyond schedule.
Other abilities: Ability to follow instructions (English) from sources such as work orders, work aids, blueprints, sales orders and other employees. Good training retention. Must be able to collaborate with team members of all backgrounds in a positive & productive manner. Strong work ethic and self-motivation with minimal supervision. Ability to consistently report to station on time. Quality oriented. Required to follow all safety and company policy rules.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Availability: Desire to participate in voluntary overtime when offered. Ability to self-manage paid time off including proper requests and maintaining sufficient balance.
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.