Fabrication OperatorApply Job ID REF3605I Date posted 09/15/2021 Address 1000 North Armstrong Drive, Fairmont, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment and solutions. With wholly owned businesses in nine countries, and partners in more than 70 others, we are truly a global player with a range and expertise that is second to none.
With its North American headquarters, R&D and manufacturing base in Minnesota, Avery Weigh-Tronix has a presence across the whole of the United States. Our established network of distributors and dealers undergo extensive product training to provide you with a trustworthy and knowledgeable source for all of your weighing requirements.
Operate, adjust and edit metal fabrication of CNC machines to produce quality parts.
· Inspect parts using all types of precision inspection equipment to validate blue print requirements
· Set up tooling and fixturing as required.
· Tig weld (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) different types of metal
· Set-up and operate secondary manual metal fabrication machines
· Inspect and approve initial parts and spot check work orders as outlined in Quality Manual.
· Obtain order information from designated form(s) provided by Team Lead
· Complete paper work assignments.
· Maintain proper inventory stock levels
· Produce a quality product, meet company deadlines and work toward standards of job assignments.
· Operate forklift as needed
· Maintain oil levels and perform weekly and daily preventive maintenance as needed
· Participate as a team member by assisting others with their job functions as needed
· Meet the objectives outlined in the Safety Policy
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Education Qualifications
Knowledge: Minimum of 2 years of CNC experience or 6 months of welding experience. Intermediate computer knowledge.
Skills: Strong attention to detail, ability to follow directions, quality orientated, ability to operate hand tools, strong interpersonal skills, basic reading and writing skills, good time management skills, ability to operate and maintain heavy machinery.
Abilities: Strong mechanical aptitude. Ability to read and comprehend blue prints and programs. Ability to accept and follow instructions for work priorities and work methods. Strong work ethic and self-motivation with minimal supervision. Ability to show flexibility with various work assignments. Must be able to work in a team environment as a positive contributor.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.