Control TechnicanApply Job ID REF7026I Date posted 06/27/2022 Address 1000 North Armstrong Drive, Fairmont, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment and solutions. With wholly owned businesses in nine countries, and partners in more than 70 others, we are truly a global player with a range and expertise that is second to none.
With its North American headquarters, R&D and manufacturing base in Minnesota, Avery Weigh-Tronix has a presence across the whole of the United States. Our established network of distributors and dealers undergo extensive product training to provide you with a trustworthy and knowledgeable source for all of your weighing requirements.
This exciting position provides many growth opportunities for someone seeking a challenging and rewarding career.
Troubleshoot and repair of Electronic/Electro Mechanical equipment in all parts of the plant. Modify equipment to increase productivity or decrease downtime. Evaluate complex machinery and troubleshoot to determine root cause solutions. Interact and collaborate with manufacturing engineering to build internal test equipment. Work in a safe manner according to Avery Weigh-Tronix standards and policies.
Task and Duties
· Communicate with machine operators to evaluate machine operation
· Troubleshoot and repair all types of machinery and equipment including CNC machines, laser, HVAC, forklifts, overhead hoists, welders, etc. with minimal supervision
· Troubleshoot and repair microprocessor-based systems
· Perform repairs and installations in aerial positions
· Perform electrical, equipment repairs and modifications as required
· Analyze repetitious breakdowns and develop methods for corrective actions
· Assist in maintaining spare parts inventory
· Complete paperwork assignments as required
· Ability to be resourceful in locating and obtaining difficult to locate parts
· Maintain maintenance software program
· Be knowledgeable in networking & communications
· Work with vendors for new equipment installations
Knowledge Skills / Education Requirements
· 2-year Mechatronics Technology degree or 4-year Electrical Engineering Degree
· Able to read ladder drawings, electrical schematics etc.
· Experience with CNC controls and basic knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems
· Working knowledge of PLC programming software
· Knowledge of computers, CAD, Maintenance software programs
· Possess above average mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in individual and team situations
· Knowledge of lockout/tagout procedures
At AWTX, you can expect:
- An environment where ideas are heard, and innovation is encouraged
- Personal/professional growth and development opportunities
- Extensive benefits package with a generous employer contribution
- Paid Holidays + flexible paid time off
- Executive commitment to education, growth, and development
Avery Weigh Tronix is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.