CNC Programmer/OperatorApply Job ID REF3346D Date posted 08/17/2021 Address 1000 North Armstrong Drive, Fairmont, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world's leading suppliers of weighing solutions. With 200 years of experience, the company designs, manufactures, markets and services a broad range of high-quality industrial products and weighing systems. By drawing on the latest research and technology from around the globe, Avery Weigh-Tronix offers a product portfolio that is second to none: providing business focused products and solutions under several of the industry’s most established brand names, including Avery Weigh-Tronix, Brecknell, Eyecon, and Dillon.
Create and maintain programs and setup sheets for CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machines to match the current drawing revision level. Provide support for CNC operations through fixture design and manufacture when necessary. Work with machine and Tool Crib operators, and tooling vendors to optimize production. Run CNC machines as assigned.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Program CNC machining & metal fabrication equipment utilizing Cad Cam software to optimize code.
- Run CNC machines and other equipment as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a safety-first culture, provide a safe work environment meeting company requirements.
- Create and update programs and setup sheets for CNC equipment.
- Maintain the CNC equipment upload/download directory on the network.
- Ensure that machines have proper tooling and fixtures to manufacture product.
- Assist in the design and manufacture of fixtures and jigs.
- Assist with new product introductions within manufacturing despite compressed schedules and technical difficulties.
- Support existing product as required.
- Assist with Manufacturing Engineering projects as needed
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering Technology or related.
- Preference is given to individuals with experience using Autodesk products, Esprit Cad Cam software
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to make independent decisions based on the goals and objectives of the company.
- Ability to design basic mechanical and electronic fixtures using a cad based system.
- Collaborate with others in a positive manner
- Frequently lifting or moving light weight material.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Access.
- Preference is given to individuals with experience with Autodesk products and Esprit Cad Cam software.
- Be able to read, sketch and understand blueprints.
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.