2nd Shift Team LeadApply Job ID REF3221V Date posted 08/03/2021 Address 1000 North Armstrong Drive, Fairmont, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world's leading suppliers of weighing solutions. With 200 years of experience, the company designs, manufactures, markets and services a broad range of high-quality industrial products and weighing systems. By drawing on the latest research and technology from around the globe, Avery Weigh-Tronix offers a product portfolio that is second to none: providing business focused products and solutions under several of the industry’s most established brand names, including Avery Weigh-Tronix, Brecknell, Eyecon, and Dillon.
A Team Leader coordinates the details of daily work and strives to maintain the goals set by Management. A Team Leader is an extension of Management’s authority.
Tasks, Duties, Responsibilities
• Assign employees daily tasks and monitor dispatch and assign new/updated tasks as the dispatch changes.
• Interview and hire new employees.
• Train new and existing employees as required.
• Prepare and conduct employee performance reviews.
• Follow disciplinary procedures for those employees exhibiting unsatisfactory behavior or performance.
• Monitor productivity and the quality of parts/products coming in and going out of area.
• Be available to help and/or answer questions that employees or other co-workers may have.
• Answer communications (e-mails, voicemails, memos, etc.) from others and take appropriate action.
• Communicate with employees/team leaders on all shifts of a department, if applicable.
• Review and sign off on weekly timesheets and monitor employees’ PTO
• Check work orders when delivered and enter proper paperwork.
• Monitor first article parts (new parts on a work order) and make sure the parts pass first article and deliver to quality.
• Monitor first pass yield records sheets.
• Monitor scrap, enter paperwork and move to MRB, if needed.
• Monitor back flush and free stock levels. Contact proper planner on reorder.
• Monitor kan ban stock levels and open work order as needed.
• Monitor supplies and fill out a requisition, when needed.
• Enter all paperwork needed (p/o receipt to stock, w/o receipt to stock, misc. issue, w/o picklist, etc.)
• Complete cycle counts.
• Complete any minor maintenance required in area and on machines of applicable.
• Send maintenance requests when needed.
• Print out and deliver prints when needed.
• Keep both internal and external customers happy.
• Work closely with Mfg. Engineering (router changes, new routers, set run times, problems with fixtures, procedures, etc.).
• Complete a monthly safety walk and continually monitor safety.
• Ensure employees complete accident and incident reports and complete supervisory information.
• Cooperate with any accident investigations.
• Keep MSDS sheets and chemical list updated.
• Maintain ISO procedures and documents.
• Attend training seminars and required meetings.
• Monitor budget.
• Complete daily forklift safety log, if applicable.
• Complete monthly machine guard safety check, if applicable.
• Monitor sales order reports, if applicable.
Abilities: AS/400, Leadership skills and people skills. Confidentiality on all business matters
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: On-the-job training.
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Employees will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of their Supervisor. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.