Program EngineerApply Job ID REF5735X Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 935 North Oaklawn Avenue, Elmhurst, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.8 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 55 countries that employ approximately 48,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 active patents.
ITW Active Safety is seeking a Program Engineer, responsible for various product development Programs from concept to launch and beyond using engineering skills to translate customer needs to profitable tangible products, focused on sustainable differentiation. Working both independently and interdependently using the APQP system to maintain communication technically, financially, and operationally. Works directly with the Program Manager and as a key member of our “Safety” product line Engineering team, to satisfy technical data to customer. The Program Engineer will be based at our manufacturing facility in Elmhurst, Illinois with ability to work remotely.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: may include all the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Full responsibility for respective Program Launch- timing, MRD’s, onsite customer support at launch
- Customer interface for all engineering issues including:
- 2D Drawings / 3D Models, Specifications and Timelines
- Data Collection for quote to customer
- Quote product with the Program Manager.
- Engineering changes with respective price increase/decrease
- Tool development/tracking/changes and financial impact of changes
- FMEA’s, PFMEA’s, PDT meetings (phone and at customer)
- Follow-up and follow-though customer defined timing
- Define, manage quote, select, and manage sub-suppliers for Program
- Own the Program design from concept to production and ensure smooth Program launch
- Identify, define, lead and manage engineering changes
- Responsible for ongoing VA/VE activities for current production products to improve VM, as well as, customer VA/VE requirements
- Administration of Program launch milestones (APQP)
- Participates in customer meetings during engineering phase until transferred to the operation team
- Uses the New Product Development process to plan and implement Program schedules, and action plans to meet product and process development timelines. Ensure best practice approaches for Program management are used and ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- Work with Manufacturing team to develop processes and tooling necessary to manufacture new products.
- Apply engineering expertise to write technical documents, such as design standards and operating procedures.
- Acts as the internal and external trusted advisor to address customer product/application needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years Engineering work experience
- Working knowledge of CAD (SolidWorks or CATIA)
- Project Management experience required
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
- Solid business acumen and basic accounting knowledge
- Demonstrated collaborative skills with internal / external stakeholders
- Project Management
- Technical Acumen
- Analytical Skills
- Decision Making
- Creative Thinking/Innovation
- Consulting/consultative Approach
- Reduces Complexity
- Knowledge of the automotive industry
- Understanding of automation and assembly process
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) knowledge
- LEAN manufacturing and Design for Manufacturability knowledge
- Ability to convert customer specifications to value added solutions
- Leadership skills
This position has the ability to work from the Troy, MI Office or the Elmhurst, IL Office
- 100 Kirts Blvd, Troy, MI 48084, USA
- 935 N Oaklawn Ave, Elmhurst, IL 60126
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.