Pack Line OperatorApply Job ID REF322K Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 1201 Saint Charles Street, Elgin, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $160m in revenue. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America.
· Exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
· Starts machine and performs daily checks to detect malfunctions of machine.
· Filling, marking, labeling, banding, and packaging containers.
· Makes minor adjustments as required and clears away any damaged product containers.
· Troubleshoots and reports any malfunctioning machinery to supervisor and maintenance.
· Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to customer specifications.
· Feeds product to dumpers and hoppers as required.
· Figures correct carton pack and uses computer to create customer labels
· Prints labels and affixes to containers to ensure lot control.
· Follows all safety rules and policies.
· Ensures compliance with Quality System Policies and Customer Requirements.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or the equivalent technical training required
· Past Experience operating machinery
· Knowledge and basic computer operation ability
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Forklift experience required
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure and compute ratios and percentages
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to complete routine production and quality reports
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
· Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.