Maintenance Technician IIApply Job ID REF1252D Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 1201 Saint Charles Street, Elgin, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof Automtoive division of ITW serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $154m in revenue. The division consists of facilities in Elgin IL, Machesney Park IL, Elk Grove Village IL, Darlington WI, Bedford Heights OH, and a sales office in Troy MI. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
· Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The division consists of facilities in Elgin IL, Machesney Park IL, Elk Grove Village IL, Darlington WI, Bedford Heights OH, and a sales office in Troy MI.
· Inspect machinery to diagnose malfunctions in equipment, repair replace defective equipment as necessary.
· Test and repair malfunctioning production equipment/machinery and notify appropriate personnel.
· Perform routine maintenance on equipment including machinery, cranes, forklift, etc.
· Assemble and install equipment using hand and power tools, welder, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, etc.
· Basic knowledge for use of, Milling Machine, Brake press, Drill press, and general machine shop equipment.
· Test water supply daily, maintain waste water treatment equipment and process.
· Repair machinery re; lathe, mill, drill press, and other tools as required.
· Maintains current knowledge and actively addresses safety and environmental issues.
· Other duties may include: janitorial, plumbing, pipefitting, painting, minor electrical, carpentry.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High School diploma required.
· Associates degree from a Technical College preferred.
· Apprenticeship or Journeyman experience preferred.
· Ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
· Basic knowledge of electrical wiring and various components.
· Forklift Truck Experience required.
· 3-5+ years maintenance experience preferred.
· Strong mechanical aptitude required.
· Ability to read and interpret schematics, drawings and blueprints.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations.
· Above average verbal and written communication skills.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Strong sense of loyalty and dedication.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.