Maintenance Technician - 1st ShiftApply Job ID REF4155K Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 1201 Saint Charles Street, Elgin, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $160m in revenue. In addition to ITW's industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers' competitive advantage by:
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America.
- Exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
We are looking for individuals to join our team as Maintenance Technicians on 1st shift! Shift time 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM Monday-Friday.
- Independently tests and repairs malfunctioning production equipment/machinery and notifies appropriate personnel
- Independently installs equipment, machines, or programs to meet specifications
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determine what maintenance is needed
- Align machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, and micrometers
- Assemble and install equipment using hand and power tools
- Uses welding skills/equipment (TIG, Stick, Torch) to fabricate and repair chutes, conveyors, hoppers, etc.
- Basic knowledge to use, Milling Machine, Brake press, Drill press, and general machine shop equipment to modify dies, reels, metal parts
- Repair machinery a lathe, mill, drill press, and other tools as required.
- Maintains current knowledge and actively addresses safety and environmental issues.
- Other duties may include: janitorial, plumbing, pipefitting, painting, security, carpentry.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree from a Technical College preferred
- Apprenticeship or Journeyman experience preferred
- Ability to complete basic mathematical calculations
- Forklift Truck Experience required
- 3-5+ years maintenance experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete routine production and quality reports.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.