Branch ManagerApply Job ID REF2597B Date posted 07/01/2021 Address 7334 Ohms Lane, Edina, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
The Branch Manager 3 is responsible and accountable for leading and directing their assigned branch operations to achieve ongoing service revenue growth, profitability, productivity, quality, and service levels. This position will be responsible for the management and administration of general business operations for their branch. This position provides strategic leadership as well as the day to day management of a team of Field Service Technicians, Administrative Staff, and lower-level supervisory staff (where applicable). Our Branch Managers ensue the efficient use of their assigned budget while meeting service revenue targets through active collaboration with Finance, Sales, and Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Live/demonstrate the mission, vision and values
- Developing, maintaining, and managing a highly technical field service team
- Oversight of installations, preventative maintenance, equipment upgrades and updates, sales support for new systems
- Establishing and growing customer relationships
- Strategy focused on meeting or exceeding financial metrics
- Meeting or exceeding customer satisfaction results
- Talent development
- Increasing employee retention and engagement levels
- Drive service business growth and profitability
- Foster solid relationships with key customers including end users, dealers and chemical company reps to insure their satisfaction with installed Hobart, Vulcan and other FEG products and promote future products and service.
- Build working relationships with Food Service and Food Retail sales representatives (internal and external) to insure the total needs for the customer are being met.
- Understand the dynamics of the local service market(s) and position the District to compete effectively (e.g. competitive labor rates, promotions, etc.) be able to explain the value proposition.
- Trace and improve customer satisfaction within District service through parts availability, response time, first-call completion, net promoter score/customer satisfaction, etc.
- Determine facility requirement, manage facility(s), make recommendations, and negotiate new leases as required.
- Develop annual budget and operating plan for Branch
- Operates within budgets and MBO’s as approved by Region Director
- Create strategies/procedures to deal with local premier customers
- Manage and grow assigned National Accounts; ensure policies and procedures are followed by National Accounts
- Determine/Adhere to key prescribed operational performance metric
- Establish / implement processes and procedures to deal with local service priorities
- Complete annual Internal Control Questionnaire, implement corrective action on any variance to established procedures
- Responsible for ensuring, training and management of all personnel for Branch.
- Develop associates, create a sustainable organization
- Administers associate policies, procedures and programs within the Branch, directly or thru subordinate managers.
- Executes policies and procedures, as applicable, relative to managing service parts inventory and all other assets in the Branch.
- Promote Service Excellence across Branch.
- Drive a culture of Safety and Wellness within Branch, ensuring proactive safe practices.
- Become proficient in the ITW Tool box, ensure consistent application to continuously improve Branch operations.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of relevat work experience OR a High School Diploma or equivalent with 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience dealing directly with customers
- Previous management experience is required.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Performance & Development Management of Team
- 5+ years demonstrated proficiency in a service related business as a Branch Manager or District Manager
- Service labor product knowledge
- Working knowledge of Branch operating systems
- Experience managing a P&L
- Developing Annual Operating Plan/Long Range Plan (3-5 years)
- Technical / Mechanical experience - Knowledge
- Sales Strategy or Customer Development
- Ability to help out on installs, service calls and on call work
- Office and field environment
- Up to 20% travel
- May be exposed to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet conditions
- May be required to sit/stand/walk
- May be required to lift 35-75 lbs
- May be required to climb 4-10 ft ladder
- Operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment
- Operate machinery and/or power tools
- Driving company vehicles for extended periods of time
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.