Sr Product ManagerApply Job ID REF5511Q Date posted 05/26/2022 Address 14000 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Manage assigned products to ensure the global success over their entire life cycle. Ensure the products meet market needs now and, in the future, and by maximizing customer satisfaction while achieving the product goals for growth, profitability, quality, and market share, consistent with business unit's objectives and strategies.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
1. Direct product development strategy making decisions on product development, solutions, aftermarket, and service offerings that meet market needs. Create new product development business cases and justifications. Define key product benefits and value propositions. Lead the cross-functional creation of the annual product development (R&D) and maintenance (CE) plans, proposals, and budgets. Initiate R&D projects and lead these projects in collaboration with assigned engineers through the MTS development process.
2. Define market requirements for the product by obtaining customer input, performing competitive analysis, and determining market pricing. Identify product development targets including market pricing, cost, performance, quality, lead time, serviceability, ability to upgrade, and manufacturability. Set product performance, cost, and lead time targets to meet customer expectations. Collaborate with Engineering to develop technical specifications and estimates. Determine the opportunity and need for patent, copyright and trade name considerations, and coordinate with Engineering, Marketing Services and Legal to protect MTS’ intellectual property.
3. Create and maintain product plans and implement them according to defined product line roadmaps and identified aftermarket strategies over the entire life cycle. Manage product line performance to achieve business objectives of growth and profitability. Manage the trade-offs between product cost, performance, and quality to optimize the financial potential of the product in the marketplace considering customer requirements, time to market, and value. Create and maintain product forecasts. Define expectations and requirements for customer support and customer service. Collaborate with service operations to implement global service strategy for product line.
4. Define product launch strategy and set objectives for product launch. Work with Marketing Services on execution of plans and decisions. Develop and conduct sales readiness training to prepare channel to support new product introduction and meet launch objectives. Measure product launch effectiveness. Define product messaging including target customers and applications, product positioning, and competitive environment. Work with Marketing Services and Subject Matter Experts to create sales tools (brochures, product specifications, bid specs, specific feature descriptions, application briefs and customer testimonials) to support sales opportunities.
5. Develop and implement pricing for product offerings. Develop promotional pricing strategies. Configure internal pricing tools and systems. Manage pricing to achieve business objectives over the entire life cycle. Monitor product price performance.
6. Respond to and solve customer product problems. Champion customer quality problems. Monitor customer experiences and advocate on their behalf. Identify and document global trends in customer feedback and prioritize action plans. Identify role for key customers in product development and Voice of Customer to engage influential thought leaders and develop relationships.
7. Enable Selling by identifying target markets and customer types to focus their efforts on optimizing return on sales investment. Collaborate with Selling on creation of sales strategy for key pursuits. Support lead generation activities and programs. Develop sales tools and content for outbound marketing efforts. Support Marketing Services on execution of marketing plans.
8. Support strategic planning, market planning and execution. Provide perspective on key market trends to support annual strategic planning activity. Identify alignment of product strategy to market competitive strategy. Support Market Management in creation of market plan and prioritize product investments to match market plan objectives.
9. Continuously evaluate the competitive landscape to define features/benefits and unique competitive advantages of the assigned products.
10. Participate in technical conferences, society meetings, trade shows and standards meetings to develop insight to into the use of assigned products by the customer base. Submit and present technical papers that help position specific product features of significant importance to the customer base.
11. Participate as a first-tier technical resource in specific sales opportunities as request by sales to improve our probability of winning specific orders.
Other duties as assigned.
Travel Requirements: Up to 30%, domestic and international
- Proven business acumen
- Testing for automotive design
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamic design
- Critical decision making ability
- Customer Centric
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Project Management expertise
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 10 years relevant engineering or marketing experience.
Education: MS or MBA
Technical Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of testing technologies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.