Sr. Industrial ElectricianApply Job ID REF4515K Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 14000 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Wire, test, troubleshoot and maintain motor and control circuitry for equipment and the facility.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1, Works efficiently and effectively at the appropriate skill level described on matrix.
• Job skills
• Throughput and on-time delivery.
• Meet the current time standards in wiring.
• Make suggestions for improving wiring times in the future.
2. Ensures the proper use of the NEC (National Electric Code) by checking documentation prior to wiring
• Work order processing per QMS procedure “Control of Production”.
• Work with engineering to develop process improvements for ease of manufacturing and improved designs.
• Work with engineers to resolve electrical problems encountered in Industrial Wiring.
• May travel to customers site to install, modify or upgrade systems.
3. Demonstrate appropriate example for others in the work area.
• Conduct self in a professional manner.
• Organizational skills. (tools, materials, and work area)
• Actively helps with the training needs of the department.
• Follows all safety procedures.
4. Support TQM (Total Quality Management) objectives through quality contributions as they relate to:
5. Other duties as assigned.
Two year certification from trade school or two years as an apprentice or equivalent training.
Five years related work experience.
- Assembles, layout ,wire electrical control boxes and final machine wiring.
Acts as a technical resource relating to products and the NEC.
Performs temporary hook-ups and service to support system checkout. Support other areas of the company with electrical maintenance.
Design and troubleshoot electrical circuits. Participates in design reviews.
Actively helps with the training needs of the department.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.