Mechanical Assembly Technician (2nd Shift)Apply Job ID REF4473E Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 14000 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Position is eligible for a $4K signing bonus*
Assemble, configure, and repair MTS mechanical sub-systems. Perform on site installation and configuration of subsystems.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Assembles, configures, tests, and calibrates mechanical or electro-mechanical sub-systems according to engineering and manufacturing documentation.
• Meets standards for quality, efficiency, and schedule.
• Interprets engineering documents to determine results and processes.
2. Troubleshoots and repairs new and customer-owned mechanical sub-systems.
• Disassembles and diagnose problems.
• Develops solutions and resolves performance issues.
• Estimates repair time and materials.
3. Collaborates to maintain accuracy of documents and records per MTS policies.
• Initiates exchange of information on BOM, drawing and documentation corrections through appropriate processes.
• Actively influences final documentation decisions.
• Actively and accurately executes non-conforming materials process.
4. Develops techniques and collaborates in the development of manufacturing and repair processes.
5. Exhibits professionalism on the job at MTS and at customer sites.
• Behaves in a respectful manner toward coworkers, engineers, supervisors, and customers.
• Communicates effectively with coworkers, engineers, supervisors, and customers.
6. Maintains knowledge and training in industry, technology, and MTS products.
• Participates in required training.
• Provides training (as appropriate for responsibility level).
- Two year certification from college or trade school or military training in an applicable discipline (mechanics, hydraulics, electronics) or Four years applicable experience in an applicable environment.
- Must understand and apply basic hydro-mechanical technologies:
- Hydraulic schematics, hydraulic flow characteristics, tube & hose sizing, proper sealing characteristics, basic structural integrity, quality and safety in designs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.