Material HandlerApply Job ID REF4496G Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 14000 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN Job Type Full-time
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
To receive, store, control, issue, pick and deliver all inventory assets of MTS-Minneapolis in a manner to benefit production.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Clearly understands the R/3 query and update functions and executes such functions in a timely and accurate manner as directed by physical movement of material.
2. Ensures that material is adequately protected against handling damage and degradation from corrosion.
3. Places material into storage locations in a manner that will achieve best utilization of available space.
4. Receives, issues and delivers material in suitable containers as required by schedules, ensuring that all items are properly identified.
5. Is keenly aware of the crucial need for physical-to-record accuracy and participates in cycle counting assignments as required.
6. Reviews inventory status for items requested on unplanned basis and determines whether items may be issued or planner/buyer approval must be obtained.
7. Operates a variety of powered industrial material handling equipment as required by corporate safety programs.
8. Cleary understands and can perform the vital transactions to process a delivery.
- Creation of the “pick list”
- Linkage of serial numbers if required and the confirmation of the pick list
9. Monitors late parts and expedites when necessary to maintain production.
10. Assists in the maintenance of inventory storage types: 902, NEW, 914, and 916.
11. Perform miscellaneous duties and special assignments as directed.
12. Maintains competence in handling of ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) sensitive materials in compliance with MTS policies and procedures. Successfully completes annual ESD training.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus five years operating computer based inventory control system.
- Forklift and high reach experience is strongly preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.