Global Trade Compliance ManagerApply Job ID REF8057K Date posted 10/11/2022 Address 14000 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
MTS Systems seeking an experienced Global Trade Compliance Manager. This is a new role will provide technical expertise, guidance and support in maintaining compliance of Test operations, imports and exports to government and other country regulatory requirements as applicable based on structure of international purchases / sales / transfers of goods. Manage and/ or execute day-to-day import and export compliance and operational duties. The ideal candidate will have both import and export experience and will be active in evaluating our current regulatory compliance systems and practices, will lead with identifying potential risks to the business and with valuation.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Supervise, lead projects and individually execute export and import day-to-day and transactional compliance matters for operations world-wide involving classifications, export control reviews, imports inquiries/investigations, audits, or mandatory reporting requirements.
- Oversee and communicate across MTS to ensure sound divisional understanding, cooperation, and consistency in execution of all export and import related compliance regulations, policies and procedures.
- Advise and communicate in export / import related areas, including but not limited to:
- Export and Import Regulations
- Classification (HTS and ECCN) and Valuation
- Internal Audits, Procedures and Training
- Returns for Repair/Replacement
- Import/Export Record Retention
- Country of Origin / Marking
- Free Trade Agreement Qualification/Certification
- Export Control Screening
- Special Duty Programs
- Foreign National Visitors/Deemed Exports
- Partner and interface in day-to-day and transactional compliance matters with internal and external partners, including Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Procurement, Engineering, Customs Brokers, and Freight Forwarders.
- Serve as Global Trade Compliance Subject Matter Export supporting the resolution of import and export transactional compliance issues. May include investigating and analyzing and/or defining corrective measures on a transactional basis or systemic level.
- Periodically monitor / audit and use the results to evaluate effectiveness of the Global Trade Compliance Program
- Implement enhancements to the Global Trade Compliance Program as directed or as need arises.
8. Develop and work with functional areas (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Procurement, Engineering, Customs Brokers, and Freight Forwarders on remediation and corrective action to mitigate compliance risks or process & control gaps.
9. Provide support to the Global Trade Compliance Director and complete projects or assignments as directed.
Education : Bachelor’s degree, in Supply Chain, International Business, Business Administration or Finance.
- Minimum 7 years of experience:
- Implementing, managing, and collaborating on trade compliance programs.
- Conducting risk assessments and evaluating effectiveness of internal controls for global trade.
- Identifying compliance gaps and recommending process improvements for global supply chain.
- Effective communication both written and verbal
- Ability to influence internal and external partners without direct authority utilizing excellent collaboration skills.
- Steward for imbedding import / export compliance goals and objectives within business processes for optimal results.
- Strong technical knowledge of customs laws and regulations.
- Reputation for providing sound oversight, advice, and counsel on import / export compliance issues.
- Self-Starter / Ability to work with limited supervision.
- SAP or some form of ERP system
- GTS Experience
- Advanced degree in Supply Chain, International Business, Business Administration or Finance.
- Licensed Customs Broker.
- Experiencing managing direct reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.