Custodian - 2nd ShiftApply Job ID REF9604U Date posted 03/04/2023 Address 14000 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
To perform the daily custodial and minor repairs required to maintain the company facilities in a clean, orderly, sanitary, and operating condition.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets, trash cans, ash trays, etc. on nightly basis.
- Vacuums and cleans carpet as needed in assigned areas.
- Sweeps, wet mops and scrubs floors as needed (if assigned to operate auto-scrubber, must be able to operate machine as trained).
- Dusts and cleans all types of furniture, shelves, partitions, walls, ledges, doors and door frames, fixtures, and miscellaneous equipment on a regular basis.
- Cleans glass in doors and windows.
- Cleans and sanitizes wash rooms (to include restocking various dispensers), shower rooms, fixtures, floors, and walls on a nightly basis.
- Keeps daily equipment in good running order, to include making minor fixes as needed. Reports to the Custodial Supervisor or Maintenance Manager any repair work needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned – including: furniture moving, window cleaning, changing light bulbs, changing ceiling tiles, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to work independently and within a group.
- Able to read and understand written instructions.
- Able to keep up on all assigned training.
- Flexibility to change area of responsibility, if directed by management.
- Able to recognize potential safety hazards and maintain a high concern for safety for yourself and others.
- Uses time wisely when working regular shift.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.