Associate BuyerApply Job ID REF4507A Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 14000 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Primary Objective: To act as an authorized agent of the company by making purchase commitments that meet Company requirements at the best value while managing supplier performance.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Support the development and implementation of sourcing strategies, negotiate pricing and supply agreements for assigned commodities and services
2. Analyze MRP data to ensure appropriate ordering levels to meet Company objectives
3. Execute purchase orders, including schedule line agreements and blanket orders, to meet Company demand for materials and services, which are sometimes complex in nature. Ensure all requirements, pricing, terms and conditions, and expectations are clearly documented, and manage exception messages by expediting, delaying or canceling orders as required.
4. Support internal customers by providing information on purchasing processes, products and suppliers. Mitigate problems by understanding customer requirements and anticipating issues that provide value in resolving supplier and purchasing related issues.
5. Administer bid processes, including preparation of RFQ packages, to ensure product and service requirements are documented. Evaluate suppliers’ proposal for price, requirements, terms and conditions, risk and performance and value.
6. Maintain master data in the ERP system for Info Records, Routes, Material Masters etc. Determine MRP system settings to optimize inventory, based on established guidelines. Resolve system reconciliation issues such as invoice and receiving discrepancies.
7. Negotiate with suppliers by developing negotiation strategies based upon the proposal analysis to include price/cost factors, terms and conditions, and technical issues and documents and maintains contractual agreements.
8. Address day-to-day issues with supplier performance, such as rejections/quality issues and supplier requested schedule changes, ensuring SAP system is accurate. Support or facilitate supplier performance review meetings.
9. Provide feedback to support strategic sourcing, including assessments of the current situation (e.g., internal direction, suppliers, pricing trends) and identify future purchase strategies and actions to proactively reduce total costs and optimize performance.
10. Develop and apply technical knowledge of products assigned for purchase to add value into purchasing functions
11. Other accountabilities as assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment; or in lieu of bachelor’s degree, 8 years of continued advancement in a manufacturing, technical, or business environment, plus three years of technical purchasing experience. Total experience of at least 11 years without a bachelor’s degree.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.