Summer Marketing InternApply Job ID REF8014I Date posted 09/27/2022 Address 3600 North Point Boulevard, Dundalk, MD Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative intern to join our marketing team during the summer of 2023. You will have an opportunity to develop and implement marketing campaigns, collaborate on product and brand management strategies and market research. This internship will help you grow your professional skills and broaden your experience as you contribute to the marketing group and our company-wide goals.
The summer Marketing intern program with Vulcan is designed to provide students hands-on exposure to daily marketing operations, product management, project management, cross-functional teamwork, and research. The successful candidate will be a self-directed, results-oriented and customer focused individual and will have a strong interest in working with our business full time upon graduation.
For more than 150 years, Vulcan has been recognized by chefs and operators throughout the world for its top-quality, energy efficient commercial cooking equipment. Our equipment is found in busy kitchens nationwide; target segments include large chain restaurants, emerging/regional chains, independent restaurants, K-12 schools, grocery and hotels/recreation.
Vulcan is a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.5 billion in 2021.
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Work with the Business Development Managers in developing and implementing strategies and tactics to position differentiated product offerings across online properties.
- Work directly with the Vulcan Senior Marketing Manager and Creative on developing digital assets and email campaigns.
- Assist with creating marketing presentations for training and sales meetings.
- Evaluate and update Dealer and Representative digital content accuracy on Vulcan web properties.
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks.
- Enrolled in Marketing or equivalent degree-seeking program with classroom experience through the sophomore year.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- GPA of 3.2 or above.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills
- Team player with a positive attitude, high motivation, and solid decision making
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment that values an entrepreneurial spirit
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Legally authorized to work in the United States.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.