Social Media & Marketing SpecialistApply Job ID REF7367T Date posted 07/29/2022 Address 3600 North Point Boulevard, Dundalk, MD Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
For more than 150 years, Vulcan has been recognized by chefs and operators throughout the world for its top-quality, energy efficient commercial cooking equipment. Our equipment is found in busy kitchens nationwide; target segments include large chain restaurants, emerging/regional chains, independent restaurants, K-12 schools, grocery and hotels/recreation.
Vulcan is a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.5 billion in 2021.
Vulcan, recognized by chefs and operators around the world as the best-in-class supplier for premier, energy-efficient foodservice equipment, is seeking an organized, creative, and energetic Social Media & Marketing Associate to join our growing team. The successful applicants main responsibly will be to lead Vulcan’s growing social media channels, as well as coordinating print and digital advertising, and nationwide tradeshows. Vulcan is a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $12.6 billion in 2020.
Reporting to the Brand Manager, this role is responsible for the following:
- Develop and execute social media strategy to increase audience and engagement while enhancing the Vulcan name and brand
- Create a content calendar and programs aligned with annual marketing calendar
- Post a minimum of three times per week on all platforms, monitor daily
- Carefully craft copy that is accurate, engaging, and free of grammatical errors
- Capture photo and video content via in-house and professional sessions
- Build and maintain relationships with appropriate brands and individuals
- Collaborate with field selling organizations to ensure they have the right tool and information needed for social content
- Ensure main segments and equipment are properly represented
- Monitor online activity and engage in the conversation
- Manage social media budget
- Place ads and closely monitor to ensure ROI
- Offer regular reporting on the channel’s statistics and updates
- Follow social media and industry trends
- Suggest ideas to continue growing and leveraging Vulcan an industry leader in social media
- Coordinate and lead print and digital advertising for various partners, associations, and buying groups
- Seek new opportunities for brand exposure and advertising
- Work with in-house Graphic Designer on ad details including, design, specs, copy, and timeline
- Work with Brand Manager and marketing calendar to ensure content is relevant and messaging is consistent
- Manage all communication and timelines through internal platform
- Offer reporting when available
- Plan and coordinate tradeshow booths for all regional shows throughout the year
- Develop creative ideas to bring attendees to the booth and ensure they leave with proper information and a positive view on the Vulcan brand
- Develop plan to capture leads and remarket to them
- Manage all advertising and marketing opportunities
- Capture and post engaging content on social channels
- Attend majority of tradeshows to ensure brand and booth set up are accurate
- Work with Graphic Designer on all signage and material needs in a timely manner
- Work with Sales Directors and BDMs to ensure proper equipment, information, and representatives are present
- Identify and purchase needed supplies, décor, signage, swag, etc.
- Manage budget
BS or BA degree in marketing, communication, or culinary arts
~ 3 years of relevant social media and marketing
• Expertise in social media and marketing tools
• Exceptional writing and grammar
• Copy writing and editing
• Creative thinking
• Ability to prioritize and manage time wisely
• Effective and responsive communicator
• Decision making & judgment
• Analytical acumen
• Business & financial acumen
Desired Competencies and Skills
• Video editing
• Strategic planning
• Event planning
• Manufacturing industry knowledge
• Restaurant or culinary knowledge
• Product-based, business-to-business experience
- Office environment in a manufacturing location
- Salary range: $60,500K-$73,000K
- Based in Baltimore, MD. Not remote.
- Some travel required
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.