Marketing ManagerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF10147B Date posted 04/25/2023 Address 3600 North Point Boulevard, Dundalk, MD Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
For more than 150 years, Vulcan has been recognized by chefs and operators throughout the world for its top-quality, energy efficient commercial cooking equipment. Our equipment is found in busy kitchens nationwide; target segments include large chain restaurants, emerging/regional chains, independent restaurants, K-12 schools, grocery and hotels/recreation.
Vulcan is a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.5 billion in 2023.
Vulcan, recognized by chefs and operators around the world as the best-in-class supplier for premier, energy-efficient foodservice equipment, is seeking an innovative and energetic Marketing Manager to join our team. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and executing on marketing strategies and programs in support of our growth initiatives, with a special focus on sales enablement with our reps, National Account teams and dealers.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role is responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement end user segment positioning and marketing strategies (i.e., to K-12 schools, Independent Restaurants and Chain Restaurants).
- Work closely with Sales Directors and BDMs on buying group and dealer engagement strategies and on executing annual marketing plans.
- Provide channel partner support to the rep group network, national account chain team and dealers on marketing requests to drive growth of Vulcan products.
- Work with Marketing Director on developing and managing the divisional marketing budget and calendar. Align the marketing budget with the initiatives in the annual operating plan. Reallocate as appropriate to drive highest ROI.
- Develop and manage comprehensive event project plans for all major tradeshows – NAFEM, NRA, ANC – including pre-show, during-show and post-show activities
- Concept, develop, execute & distribute short-form video alongside Social Media & Marketing Associate and culinary team.
- Assist with and ensure rapid and thorough execution of trade and end-user marketing plans to effectively commercialize all newly developed products. Develop and execute all marketing communications programs with collaboration from team (offline, digital, trade shows).
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategy development & execution
- Cross-functional relationship building
- Business & financial acumen
- Decision making & judgment
- Creative thinking
- Problem-solving abilities
- Passionate and curious with a desire to develop
- Analytical acumen
- Industry knowledge
- Proven track record of successful product launches
- Customer focus and market segmentation
- Product-based, business-to-business enterprise experience
- Project management
- Budget management
- BS or BA degree in sales, marketing, business, or engineering
- Desire > 5 years of Industry experience w\ 3 years of relevant marketing experience.
- Demonstrated history of success with increasing role responsibilities
Desired Competencies and Skills
Leadership skills with demonstrated passion
- Strategic planning and operator insights development
- In depth knowledge of brand strategy and execution
- Knowledge of product development processes
- Expertise in marketing tools and tactics
- Strong analytical skills
- Planning and implementation/project management
- Financial (P&L) proficiency and budget management
- Solid presentation skills
- Managing through others
- Based in Baltimore, MD
- Travel requirement: ~15%
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.