Accounting SupervisorApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF9352F Date posted 05/30/2023 Address 3600 North Point Boulevard, Dundalk, MD Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
For more than 150 years, Vulcan has been recognized by chefs and operators throughout the world for its top-quality, energy efficient commercial cooking equipment. Our equipment is found in busy kitchens nationwide; target segments include large chain restaurants, emerging/regional chains, independent restaurants, K-12 schools, grocery and hotels/recreation.
Vulcan is a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.5 billion in 2021.
The Accounting Supervisor will report to the Baltimore Business Unit Controller, and serve as a key business partner to the leadership team. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic steward of continuous business process improvement, a sound financial leader, while also being a strong manager and developer of talent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Baltimore Controller with preparing our annual plan and our monthly financial outlooks with collaboration from the other business leaders.
- Build cross-department credibility, confidence, and collaboration with other functional areas and sister facilities.
- Financial Reporting and Control:
- Learn and apply the ITW business model to eliminate complexity and improve the profitability of the division.
- Prepare and review all financial statements and outlooks in conjunction with the Baltimore Controller and leadership team.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of business financial information in compliance with ITW policies and GAAP.
- Coordinate monthly close to ensure timely preparation and issuance of financial statements and analysis.
- Manage and control the financial activities, transactions, and resources of the facility
- Maintain a strong internal control environment
Operating Analysis and Planning:
- Lead our annual physical inventory, and inventory grading activities. Knowledge of and ability to assist engineering staff in BOM accuracy is a benefit.
- Supervises Accounts Payable
- Partners with various members / levels of operations personnel to identify opportunities for improvement and drive manufacturing efficiencies
- People Leadership & Talent Development:
- Supervises a small team, and establishes working relationships with other key division & FEG financial players.
- Identify, lead, and develop talent in order to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness in meeting organizational goals.
- Act with integrity and candor in all areas of influence.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Accounting, MS, MBA and/or CMA/CPA preferred
- 5 to 7 years in finance/accounting leadership role across multiple financial functions including:
- Accounting: AP, GL, cost accounting, financial processes, internal controls, FP&A
- Experience in public and multinational companies.
- Substantial and successful experience in finance and accounting in manufacturing company environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment and solve practical business problems in a prompt manner and often under tight deadlines.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- High emotional intelligence and cultural awareness.
- Commercially aware, able to tell a business story with numbers.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Advanced experience using various accounting systems, preferably Epicor and XLConnect.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
Based in Baltimore, MD: minimal travel
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.