Accounting ManagerApply Job ID REF9163W Date posted 01/17/2023 Address 3600 North Point Boulevard, Dundalk, MD Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
For more than 150 years, Vulcan has been recognized by chefs and operators throughout the world for its top-quality, energy efficient commercial cooking equipment. Our equipment is found in busy kitchens nationwide; target segments include large chain restaurants, emerging/regional chains, independent restaurants, K-12 schools, grocery and hotels/recreation.
Vulcan is a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.5 billion in 2021.
This position reports to the division controller and relies on instructions or pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. This position will also be able apply forward looking lenses to potential opportunities and solve appropriately. This position supports the financial and accounting requirements of the business units.
Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures and ITW Corporate policies, including recordkeeping and reporting.
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting package, to include analysis of all major variances
- General Ledger reconciliations
- Journal entry preparation and postings
- Interface with internal and external auditors as needed
- Interface with Food Equipment Group accounting and Finance personnel as needed
- Prepare and submit all required internal financial reporting for monthly, quarterly, annual and tax reporting
- Assist in preparing/review the monthly outlook
- Assist in preparing/review of the Annual Operating Plan
- Assist in preparing/review Long Range Plan
- Adhoc analysis as required
- Capital Projects and Fixed Assets reconciliation and database management
- Ability to learn and apply the ITW Business Model in all aspects of the job including prioritizing work assignments and developing work processes
- Payroll Admin backup responsibilities
5-7 years’ experience in the field or related area and experience assignments. Manufacturing experience is a plus. CPA certification would be a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including strong Excel applications skills
- Effective communications written and oral skills
- Knowledge of Finance, Accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of finance and accounting software applications
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex financial data and prepare financial reports, statements projections with great attention to detail
- Ability to work within ERP system (Epicor a plus) and reporting software (XL Connect a plus)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
Office environment Baltimore MD
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.