Extruder Machine OperatorApply Job ID REF36Q Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 4250 Northeast Expressway, Doraville, GA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 500 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues total $14.8 billion in 2018.
This position is within ITW’s Zip-Pak division. Zip-Pak is the global leader in resealable solutions for the flexible packaging industry. Our expertise in zipper, application technology, and packaging systems makes Zip-Pak the primary choice of brand owners, OEM’s, and converters for innovative resealable solutions. Zip-Pak’s lean, modern, and continuous manufacturing environments produce zippers using high-volume plastic extrusion. Manufacturing sites are in the United States, Europe, and South America.
The extruder operator is responsible for running and maintaining a quality product. The operator must be proficient in making necessary adjustments and judgements to consistently produce product within quality specifications at or above productivity targets: line speed, uptime, and yield. The operator will at all times observe safety, HACCP/AIB/SQF guidelines and policies. Employee shall adhere to all responsibilities outlined in the Food Safety Management System which is in accordance to the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing of Food Packaging (code 8.0).
- Utilizes judgment in acceptable variance from specifications
- Ensures proper equipment set-up
- Properly performs and records quality checks
- Communicates troubleshooting efforts with team members, supervision, maintenance
- Assures proper quantities are run (no significant over/under runs)
Changeovers and line cleaning:
- Performs line changeovers
- Performs line cleaning
- Performs some preventative maintenance as required
- Properly boxes product
- Ensures product is identified correctly and legibly
- Utilizes correct pallet configuration
- Assures pallet is secure and identified correctly and legibly.
- Understands and observes all safety precautions, rules and regulations
- Understands and observes all HACCP and SQF regulations
- Keeps the area around line clean
- Reports all safety hazards to supervisor
- Completes all required paperwork properly and legibly
- Assists other operators with spool handling
- Assists other operators with changeovers
- Assists other operators with line cleaning
- Participates on task forces and committees as requested
Other job-related duties as assigned.
Extrusion experience desirable
- High School diploma or GED
- Stable work history
- Demonstrates willingness to accept or seek new assignments
- Mechanical aptitude/good troubleshooting skills
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to walk, bend, squat and twist, close vision
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.