3rd Shift Maintenance TechnicianApply Job ID REF6126H Date posted 04/13/2022 Address 4250 Northeast Expressway, Doraville, GA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 500 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues total $14.8 billion in 2018.
Zip-Pak, Atlanta, this position will report to the Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for working with production, engineering, and warehouse to ensure that the facility, equipment and processes are safe and efficient for all employees. Performs work that involves electrical, mechanical, welding, and equipment repairing. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, 401k, life insurance & more. H.S. diploma or GED required; previous manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
- 4250 NE Expressway Doraville, IL 30340
- Full-time, a great place to start a career
- Starting pay dependent on experience with additional advancement opportunities
- Excellent benefit package
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled
· Work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
· Carryout Preventive Maintenance (PM), Corrective Maintenance (CM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) on all Production and support equipment
· Read mechanical and electrical blueprints and schematics
· Operates/produces good quality AC/DC & acetylene welds
· Utilize Mechanical and Electrical precision measuring instruments
· Understands pneumatic & hydraulic systems
· Record work performances in Computer Maintenance Management system (CMMS)
· Check and survey the general operating condition of plant equipment
· Help with maintaining 5S of Plant Floor and maintenance shop; Clean and then Sort, Straighten, etc.
· Operates all machine shop equipment: Lathes, Milling machines, Surface Grinders, Drill press Welding
· Trouble shoot Plant equipment: electrical / mechanical and repair
· Able to assemble very complex machine parts. (Specialty parts)
· Maintains chiller system
· Maintain plant air supply system
· Assist in restarting production machines
· Maintains resin feed system
· Record and maintain spare part usage
· Possess the knowledge and understanding of process controls
· Understands Industrial electrical wiring and 3 phase systems
· Knowledgeable of A/C and D/C motors and controls
· Understands Programable Logic Control (PLC) process controls
Degree Or Equivalent Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
Years Of Experience:
5 year of Manufacturing maintenance experience
Forklift license, Machine Repair, Electrical Repair, Refrigeration, Preventive maintenance, Facilities maintenance, Welding, Pneumatics, and PLC knowledge
Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
Basic supply of own tools
Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
Must be able to:
· Lift and carry 75 pounds
· Bend, turn and lift while performing the job
· Climb stairs
· Work on scissor lift at heights of 20 feet
· Stand for 8 hours, with appropriate break-times
· Ability to work around hot items
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.