Electrical EngineerApply Job ID REF1785H Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 218 East Industrial Street, DeWitt, IA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Magnaflux, a division of Illinois Tool Works (Fortune 250), is a leading worldwide supplier of magnetic particle, dye penetrant inspection equipment and associated chemical products used for applications within the Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas and Energy markets.
With over 85 years in the industry, Magnaflux offers employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) with immediate company match, and much more!
The Electrical Engineer is a key position within the Engineering Team at Magnaflux (a division of ITW). This position works to maintain and innovate both standard and custom capital equipment product lines, as well as an accessories product line. These product lines are designed for the Non-Destructive Testing industry (NDT). This person must have excellent communication skills, teamwork, and leadership instincts to deliver project timeline commitments.
The primary responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer include working closely with cross-functional teams, primarily production and purchasing, to support the capital equipment and accessory product lines day-to-day operations, including innovation projects.
1. Lead and support design projects in the ideation and development phases of the NPD innovation process, including conceptual designs through beta testing and formal launch.
2. Develops electrical designs and schematics that adhere to Global regulations such as CE and UL/CSA and other regional specifications.
3. Maintain product database by creating an accurate and complete bill of materials, and assembly drawings for capital equipment and accessories.
4. Assure product quality by testing finished products and system capabilities.
5. Assist in resolving technical complaints or issues from customers. Recommend a course of action to prevent future occurrences.
6. Evaluate products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research, applying knowledge of mechanics and electronics.
7. Support Quality Team with creation and updating of engineering test standards that validate the product meets or exceeds our standards.
Evaluate and specify new or alternate components for new and existing products.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, or related engineering degree with 3+ years of Electrical Engineering experience
- 5 plus years experience in a related field
- Experience with SolidWorks 2018 or higher, or a similar platform, required
- Experience with SolidWorks Electrical desired
- AutoCAD or DraftSight, or a similar platform, required
- Knowledge in PLC hardware and software (AB RS Logix and Siemens TIA portal preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, OneNote)
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision
- Must be able to interact with other departments throughout the company.
- Ability to interface and provide guidance to other personnel in the equipment group and within the company.
- Must be able to provide technical support to customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, will be expected to interact with customers on occasion
- Must be skilled in physics and engineering
- Able to implement solutions to problems described by others
- Should be able to formulate experiments and research projects independently and explain outcome, failures, and discrepancies in an orderly fashion, as necessary.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.