Batch MakerApply Job ID REF4960X Date posted 03/14/2023 Address 616 East Industrial Street, DeWitt, IA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Batch Maker is responsible for the preparation of batches to meet standards and specifications, while utilizing forklifts, mixers, tanks, and other manufacturing machinery.
- Operate a variety of mixing/blending equipment.
- Follow instructions on batch cards and job tickets to perform duties.
- Move 55-gallon drum to 5-gallon pails to production lines, manually or with use of proper equipment.
- Make minor adjustments to equipment as needed.
- Setup, change over, and cleanup machines and work area daily.
- Ensure batch quality and integrity meet production standards.
- Deliver batch samples and required documentation to QA lab.
- Work with hazardous materials and wear all required personal protective equipment. Full mask respirator may be required for select batches.
- Move material through facility with the use of material handling equipment (i.e. forklift, pallet jack, etc..) as required.
- Maintains material handling equipment by completing daily pre-use inspections.
- Complies with safety and hazardous material handling regulations.
- Understands and monitors the Kan-ban inventory system. Performs cycle counting and stock verification.
- Maintain hazardous waste inspections and disposal/storage requirements.
- Ensure products are correctly labeled and identified for proper sorting and use.
- Follow all Company safety procedures, company polices, and good housekeeping practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Skills / Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1+ years related batching experience.
- Minimum 1+ years manufacturing experience.
- Previous forklift experience required.
- Experience with Kan-ban inventory system a plus.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally with good organizational skills required. Must be detailed oriented.
- Must have mechanical aptitude to operate and troubleshoot machines.
- Must have basic computer skills to perform duties of the job.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Able to work in a repetitive, fast-paced environment.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Able to understand manufacturing processes / procedures and product applications.
- Must be dependable, have good attendance and be punctual.
- Able to work overtime when required.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.