Strategic Sourcing SpecialistApply Job ID REF6687Z Date posted 05/27/2022 Address 195 East Algonquin Road, Des Plaines, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Appliance Components serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, and Mexico and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electrical components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes. We have locations in the US, China, Mexico, the UK, Slovenia, New Zealand, Bulgaria and Italy. ITW Industrial Components is a separate Business Unit within the ITW Appliance Division focused on industrial customers and applications.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, the division enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by . . .
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will report to the North America Sourcing & Procurement Manager and will be responsible for coordinating sourcing activities for multiple locations and business units including: Des Plaines, IL, New Berlin, WI, and Juarez, MX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supplier Management / Consolidation
- Negotiations –negotiate contracts and monitor their progress, checking the quality of service provided; contracts should be standardized in conditions for the whole region.
- Identifies strategic partners and delivers improved products and lower costs to the organization through supplier management, strategic sourcing, commodity management, and total cost principles.
- Implements simplification strategy.
- Manages risk mitigation (cost, price and/or supply).
- Prepares development plans and uses performance management tools.
- Partner with Quality to drive continuous improvement.
Sourcing Strategy Development / Execution of Targeted Savings Opportunities
- Design and implement strategies to rationalize the supply base and leverage entire regional organization`s spend.
- Develop sourcing strategies based on rigorous analysis of spend data, supply market dynamics, category intelligence, and business requirements to ensure supply base optimization and improvement to cost, quality and service.
- Coordinates and supports all sourcing related activities and regional commitments including the review, negotiation, and acquisition of the targeted spend categories.
- Share best practices across the organization.
Sourcing Analytics + Reporting
- Information Resource – Must provide stakeholders with relevant and timely market trends and analyses such as commodity and currency trends.
- Forecasts price trends and their impact on future activities.
NPI / Supplier Selection
- Selects suppliers who are aligned with business standards to ascertain the best products in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Supports new product development from the concept stage.
- Analyzes quotes and negotiates prices & delivery conditions with suppliers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of work experience in sourcing, procurement, or supply chain role, or working with direct materials in a sales, engineering or operations capacity using advanced quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and project management skills.
- Communication Skills – Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills are a must. Ability to present to senior management, build relationships and become an influencer in major strategic decisions are critical to this position.
- Strong negotiation skills are essential in this role.
- Technical Skills – A thorough understanding of manufacturing practices and the ability to understand product specifications and features are essential for success in this position.
- Analytical Skills – Enjoy gathering and digging deeply into data to identify issues and produce creative, effective solutions, and understands market dynamics and business requirements.
- Understands category buying & management process to identify improvement opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across different business units.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team-oriented environment.
- Uses personal influence skills rather than position power to persuade others and gain support.
- Good command of English, both written and oral for effective communication with other ITW units and business leaders.
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects.
- Ability to perform analysis and interpret data into actionable steps.
- Ability to think strategically and use quantitative and qualitative data to create strategies that move ITW forward.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.