Sourcing Specialist Summer Internship 2023Apply Job ID REF8225J Date posted 10/13/2022 Address 195 East Algonquin Road, Des Plaines, IL Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Appliance Components serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, and Mexico and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electrical components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes. We have locations in the US, China, Mexico, the UK, Slovenia, New Zealand, Bulgaria and Italy. ITW Industrial Components is a separate Business Unit within the ITW Appliance Division focused on industrial customers and applications.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, the division enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by . . .
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
The intern will support the Regional Procurement Manager and Sourcing team. They will immerse themselves into the environment and gain critical exposure and project participation in many functional areas. Candidates will support projects with data analysis, inter-department communications and minor project management.
- Develop basic understanding of assigned commodities: current market conditions, key cost drivers, global supply base, and industry terminology, as it relates to creating competitive purchasing programs for ITW companies
- Conduct broad market research to identify world class suppliers for the different commodities to be sourced.
- Identify sourcing opportunities to drive savings and cost avoidance via spend analysis, stakeholder interviews, and market trends.
- Quantify the benefits of sourcing initiatives including the expected savings and baseline spend.
- Influencing key stakeholders on strategy initiatives.
- Partner across the organization to improve financial results related to sourcing activities.
- Utilize project management skills to create timeline, set milestones, measure progress, and report findings to team.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team that includes members from other Corporate ITW teams such as Spend Management and Trade Compliance.
- Strong MS Excel skills, including V-lookup, H-lookup and indexing functions, pivot tables and graphs. Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Rising Senior pursuing, a Supply Chain Management or Business degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (excel)
- Good Communication skills both written and oral
- Must be hands on
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.