Mold Repair Technician - $2,000 Sign-On BonusApply Job ID REF4971J Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 195 East Algonquin Road, Des Plaines, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Appliance Components serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, and Mexico and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electrical components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes. We have locations in the US, China, Mexico, the UK, Slovenia, New Zealand, Bulgaria and Italy. ITW Industrial Components is a separate Business Unit within the ITW Appliance Division focused on industrial customers and applications.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, the division enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by . . .
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
The Mold Repair Technician reports to the Tool Room Manager. For new hire Mold Repair Technician, we are offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus!
- Maintain and Repair Plastics Tooling. Molds ranging in size from 17 ton-400 ton.
- Troubleshoot tooling issues and work with Plastics Personnel to resolve tooling issues.
- Ability to read/understand tool drawings from blueprints or “electronically”.
- Strong Math Skills Required.
- Proficient use of typical shop measuring tools, and use of toolroom equipment such as surface grinders, milling machines, lathes, drill presses, band saws, various small hand tools, chain hoists, and hydraulic hand trucks.
- Knowledge of injection molding and materials and their characteristics pertaining to processing, mold set-up procedures and auxiliary processing equipment.
- Function independently with minimal supervision
- Understand and follow the current Mold PM Program-Procedures. Make recommendations to prevent future tool failures.
- Good communication skills required.
- Must be able to operate lift trucks and fork trucks.
- Maintain good housekeeping and adhere to all Safety Rules.
- Must be able to speak, read, comprehend, and write in English.
- Follow ITWAppliance Components ISO Procedures
- Interact with supporting departments. Ie.: Engineering, With-in Department, Machine Maintenance, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Five or more years experience in the Injection Molding Industry with repairing Injection Molding Tooling.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs sometimes repetitively.
- Experience with ISO9001 requirements.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is frequently required to walk, use foot/feet to operate machine, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach above shoulders and move from place to place. The incumbent will regularly stand, sit and talk and listen and will frequently use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- During the performance of his/her work duties, the incumbent will be required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and will frequently lift up to 25 pounds such as moving parts from material storage and moving parts in and out of work area.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee works in a manufacturing environment and is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. He/she is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation describes and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the occupation.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.