Materials ManagerApply Job ID REF6651X Date posted 05/24/2022 Address 195 East Algonquin Road, Des Plaines, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Appliance Components serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, and Mexico and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electrical components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes. We have locations in the US, China, Mexico, the UK, Slovenia, New Zealand, Bulgaria and Italy. ITW Industrial Components is a separate Business Unit within the ITW Appliance Division focused on industrial customers and applications.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, the division enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by . . .
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
Directs and coordinates all phases of supply chain activities and maintains direct responsibility for the purchasing, production planning, and shipping/receiving departments. Develop partnerships with reliable suppliers resulting in the procurement of cost competitive, high quality materials with timely delivery and minimal inventory.
- Formulates and develops long range goals and objectives for the materials function of the plant. Directs and coordinates activities to attain these goals and objectives.
- Owns implementation and maintenance of the plant “MRD” program, which seeks to plan production and procure materials based on a “pull” system and maintenance of target material & finished good inventory levels. Partners with Quality team to ensure proper communication of technical requirements via purchase orders to supply base, in accordance with AS9100 requirements for MIL/Aero products.
- Minimizes on-hand inventory and develops and deploys strategies to minimize “slow” and “obsolete” inventory.
- Design & implement inventory cycle count program to ensure inventory accuracy & to eliminate the long-term need for an annual inventory count.
- Own day-to-day materials procurement for the Des Plaines plant & planning of production of “made to order” products through team
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to establish supplier KanBan / stocking programs in support of MRD.
- Own the improvement and stabilization of the plant and supplier on time delivery metric
- Reviews analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and directs the work of Materials Department personnel and controls activities related to the logistics functions of the Plant.
- Directs the plant’s purchasing function and supply base through supplier evaluation and develops purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Plans and organizes all arriving and departing freight providers through carrier evaluation, negotiation and selection and develops techniques to reduce freight expenditures, solve problems, and reduce claims.
- Oversees material flow throughout the plant.
- Maintains import/export and customs compliance procedures and documentation.
- Engages in material planning by analyzing market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability. Develops and provides the plans for managing inventory levels and inventory reduction.
- Plans and provides procedures for disposal of surplus materials and scrap handling.
- Directs and coordinates clerical and office procedures and practices, as well as shipping and handling practices. Studies inventory accuracy and value, studies work flow, and sequence of operations, determining any need for change and determining the need for new or improved equipment or procedures.
- Writes and revises procedures for activities that apply to or interact with the materials area.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5+ years of professional experience in purchasing with in-depth knowledge of KanBan, JIT, Vendor Managed Inventory, demand flow technology, and supplier agreements.
- On-going supervisory/management training.
- Outstanding organizational skills and experience with managing multiple deadlines at once.
- Proficient in communicating information to individuals and groups in both written and presentation form
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, and the use of the materials portion of J.D. Edward’s ERP system.
- Strong desire to work in a team made up of a cross functional group of individuals.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. Duties include data entry 80% of the time. The employee may lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.