Key Account ManagerApply Job ID REF1775K Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 195 East Algonquin Road, Des Plaines, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Appliance Components serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, and Mexico and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electrical components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes. We have locations in the US, China, Mexico, the UK, Slovenia, Hungary, Bulgaria and Italy.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, the division enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
The Key Account Manager 20 Customers will report to the Regional Sales manager and will be responsible for managing our company’s relationship with 20 accounts. The individual is responsible for contracts, pricing and the overall account strategy to defend and profitably grow our business. They indirectly manage teams to support existing business and win new business.
The successful Key Account Manager will work closely with our customer’s procurement, quality, and plant personnel, and will lead/support cross functional teams who work with our customer’s engineering personnel to develop new products, address customer pain points, and simplify/improve the existing product offerings. Success also requires building confidence and relationships with current and prospective customers in procurement, quality, production management and engineering positions.
- Execute and deliver on Account sales objectives based on the Annual Plan and long-Range Plans.
- Establishing full relationships between the business and its most important customers.
- Develop and implement a business plan for their key account(s).
- Lead teams to develop specific account sales and marketing strategies to win business.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Network effectively both inside and outside of the organization.
- Provide feedback on competitive situations and develop appropriate responses.
- Effectively forecast product shipments on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Work with Business Development Managers and engineering teams on customer research, project selection, innovation, and product management (inventory management, obsolescence, etc.).
- Work with other Key Account Managers to coordinate worldwide account activities.
- Understand and communicate global value proposition of ITW Appliance.
- Must be able to foster, communicate and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk.
- Adapt and flourish n the shifting environment and circumstances of a new and growing business.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with OEM customers and ITW internal management and customer teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree – B.A. or B.S from four-year College or University in Business or Engineering.
- Excellent computer skills required with MS Office suite software, Outlook, and Cognos. Accurate data input and professional business communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, an effective and active listener and have effective interpersonal, persuasive, and analytical skills. Professional communication skills across diverse cultures and managerial levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to present information to small informal groups as well as large groups.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, adapt to change and mange time accordingly where tight deadlines may be present.
- Possess initiative and ability to anticipate and problem solve independently and collaboratively.
- Able to use good judgement and discretion with confidential information.
- Travel required 30%
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.