Injection Mold Setup Operator 2nd Shift - $2,000 Sign on BonusApply Job ID REF8871D Date posted 12/10/2022 Address 195 East Algonquin Road, Des Plaines, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Appliance Components serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, and Mexico and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electrical components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes. We have locations in the US, China, Mexico, the UK, Slovenia, New Zealand, Bulgaria and Italy. ITW Industrial Components is a separate Business Unit within the ITW Appliance Division focused on industrial customers and applications.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, the division enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by . . .
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
The Setup Operator will report to the Production Manager and will be responsible for the production, setup and troubleshooting for an assigned area on the shift. The Set Up Operator will install/remove injection molds and tooling and perform changes as needed for production as well as interact with cell members to diagnose and repair issues, and work with quality to correct and respond to production issues. Other duties may be assigned.
Sign on Bonus:
Eligible for a $2,000 Sign on Bonus. Paid $1,000 after the first 60 days of employment, and another $1,000 after the first 90 days of employment.
- Install/Remove Injection Molds and Tooling in machines ranging from 17 ton-400 ton.
- Load cycles from machine memory and troubleshoot process as required.
- Perform material changes as required. I.e.. Material Grinders, Loaders, Filters.
- Must be able to operate/set-up thermolators, sprue pickers, conveyors, dryers, grinders, and any other auxiliary equipment as required.
- Optimize machine process for quality and overall cycle time.
- Must be able to operate lift trucks and fork trucks.
- Responsible for quality control on individual shift.
- Knowledge of injection molding plastic materials, to properly run machine process and drying.
- Responsible for packaging finished product, applying proper label, and date coding box.
- Maintain good housekeeping and adhere to all Safety Rules.
- Must be able to speak, read, comprehend, and write in English.
- Follow ITW Appliance Components ISO Procedures
- Interact with supporting departments for ex., Engineering, Mold Repair, Machine Maintenance, etc.as required.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Plastics Manufacturing Environment is a plus
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is frequently required to walk, use foot/feet to operate machine, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach above shoulders and move from place to place. The incumbent will regularly stand and talk and listen and will frequently use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- During the performance of his/her work duties, the incumbent will be required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and will frequently lift up to 25 pounds such as moving parts from material storage and moving parts in and out of work area.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee works in a manufacturing environment and is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. He/she is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation describes and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the occupation.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.