Industrial Commercial DirectorApply Job ID REF6062I Date posted 04/08/2022 Address 195 East Algonquin Road, Des Plaines, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Appliance Components serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, and Mexico and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electrical components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes. We have locations in the US, China, Mexico, the UK, Slovenia, New Zealand, Bulgaria and Italy. ITW Industrial Components is a separate Business Unit within the ITW Appliance Division focused on industrial customers and applications.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, the division enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by . . .
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
The Industrial Commercial Director has full accountability for all strategic, innovation, commercial and engineering activities for the Industrial Business Segment (55M USD global revenue). Identify and execute long term growth and sales excellence strategies. Responsible for leading and achieving revenue, to develop, manage and implement Long Range Plan (LRP) and Annual Plan (AP) initiatives that drive Sales excellence and Engineering strategies that support profitable growth for the business segment.
Develop the leadership and management skills of direct reports to ensure business segment success over time.
This role will report to the VP/GM of Appliance Components Division and will be a member of the Divisional Leadership Team.
Location: Chicago Area, London or Milan
- Grows annual sales revenue with new products by anticipating and providing solutions to customers’ pain points.
- Maintains deep understanding of markets to provide both domestic and international customers industry intelligence on trends, regulations and other pertinent information
- Meets monthly forecasts and achieve Business Plan goals.
- Develops and leads proficient teams (sales, engineering) with a focus on profitable growth, customer satisfaction and business simplification.
- Reflects a great Leadership qualities which includes: communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, and aligning goals.
- Sets and achieves goals for cost reduction, quality improvement, new product development, technical support and inventory management.
- Communicates goals & monitors progress to ensure meeting sales goals and adjusting or reacting to market changes.
- Stay well-informed of market trends and competitive activity to understand and enhance the business segment’s position in the market place.
- Further develop and build on our Strategic Sales Excellence capability with an emphasis on Go to Market strategy & structure, coaching and incentive planning, building a strong succession plan of up and coming talent and develop sales and marketing processes.
- Partner with Operational team to maximize customer facing metrics and deploying the ITW toolbox initiatives.
- 7-10 years of management experience, ideally in a growing business within ITW.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, Marketing or similar required.
- Experienced in Product Lifecycle management through strategy, planning, delivery, marketing, and in-life optimization of a product –accountability for product revenues, profitability, and commercial success highly preferred.
- Significant customer facing experience with proven success in hands on leadership and active involvement in identifying the real needs and pain points that customers value as opposed to assumed or perceived needs.
- Experienced in sales channel management strategies to reach the widest possible customer base including a good practical understanding of maximizing distribution value.
- Demonstrated experience creating, leading and executing on sales plans.
- Solid financial acumen and comprehension
- Ability to teach and implement the ITW Toolbox Philosophies and Framework
- A healthy drive for results through initiative and people leadership
- Displays the ITW values of Respect, Trust, Integrity, Simplicity and Shared Risk
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.