Division IT ManagerApply Job ID REF4214Q Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 195 East Algonquin Road, Des Plaines, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Appliance Components serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, and Mexico and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electrical components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes. We have locations in the US, China, Mexico, the UK, Slovenia, New Zealand, Bulgaria and Italy. ITW Industrial Components is a separate Business Unit within the ITW Appliance Division focused on industrial customers and applications.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, the division enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by . . .
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
Location: Des Plaines, IL or New Berlin, WI.
The IT Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization across multiple facilities. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices. The IT Manager must be a driven, self-starter with excellent leadership and project management skills.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Use the ITW toolbox (80/20, USa, etc) to analyze the Division’s workflows and identify simplification opportunities.
- Work with end-users to implement simplification solutions.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- 10-15% Travel required
- Develop and direct implementation of security standards and best practices by creating policy as it aligns to the ITW IT Security Policy & Standards
- Increase awareness to Cyber Security Threats to the network
- Monitor the Division’s networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occur.
- Help to design, implement, and maintain the organization’s cyber-security plan.
- Direct the installation and use of security tools (e.g., firewalls, data encryption, endpoint protection, vulnerability management tools), to protect sensitive information.
- Be familiar with NIST cyber security framework
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 10+ years related work experience. Master of Business Administration preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing company required
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Extensive ERP Operation and Support experience
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Experience working with business leaders and business functions and can demonstrate a strong track record of success understanding the needs of the business and delivering technology solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience working in IT for a manufacturing company required
- Experience managing the IT budget for an organization is preferred.
- Experience managing vendor relationships including negotiating contracts and pricing is preferred.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.