Machine Operator (Bottom-Line Operator) - 3rd shiftApply Job ID REF2009I Date posted 08/30/2021 Address 3101 Sexton Road Southeast, Decatur, AL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works, Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 250 global industrial company centered on a differentiated business model. The company’s seven business segments leverage the 80/20 business model to generate solid growth, best-in-class margins, and favorable returns in markets where innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries targeting sustainable and profitable organic growth. The Sexton business fits within the ITW Drawform Division and is a market leader in the manufacture of high-pressure aerosol cans and after-market filter shells and is seeking a Bottom-Line Operator that will be located at the Decatur, AL facility.
This Bottom-Line Operator is responsible for the safe production of quality aerosol can bottoms.
- Identify specification of scheduled bottoms to be produced and currently being produced. Perform immediate visual and dimensional inspection of bottoms.
- Prepare for any changeovers that will occur on the given shift. Arrange to have all necessary materials ready and staged, as appropriate, to minimize nonvalue added activity.
- Verify slit stock matches current product manufactured on the bottom presses. Additionally, verify slit stock and part with Bottom Specs Summary sheet.
- Review and complete all required paperwork including the daily safety inspections sheet for each press.
- Maintain daily operations of stamping presses and perform basic maintenance.
- Maintain and troubleshoot uncoilers, curlers, compound machines, ovens, and associated equipment as required.
- Conduct routine and periodic quality/SPC checks.
- Communicate with Operator from previous shift regarding bottom press operation, maintenance, quality, and safety issues.
- Keep work areas clean and organized and uphold 5-S principles.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Previous metal stamping machine operation experience highly desired.
- Able to lift approximately 20 – 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to maintain keen vision and mental awareness while practicing careful attention to detail.
- Self-starter that can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Team-player with aptitude to learn the ITW culture and work within a fast-pace environment with frequently shifting priorities.
- Work alongside team members to support troubleshooting, problem solving, root cause analysis, and related process improvement activities.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.