Machine Operator (Bodymaker) - 2nd ShiftApply Job ID REF3525S Date posted 09/02/2021 Address 3101 Sexton Road Southeast, Decatur, AL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works, Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 250 global industrial company centered on a differentiated business model. The company’s seven business segments leverage the 80/20 business model to generate solid growth, best-in-class margins, and favorable returns in markets where innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries targeting sustainable and profitable organic growth. The Sexton business fits within the ITW Drawform Division and is a market leader in the manufacture of high-pressure aerosol cans and after-market filter shells and is seeking a Bodymaker Operator that will be located at the Decatur, AL facility.
This Bodymaker Operator is responsible for the operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, cleanliness, and safety of the cupper/bodymaker and related machinery in the bodymaker cell.
- Communicate with Operators from previous shifts regarding issues related to production and cupper/body maker.
- Start, stop, and clear jams in the bodymaker, cupper, and trimmer.
- Complete coil changes as needed including the preparation of coils and operation of the coil handling equipment.
- Conduct can checks, including visual can checks, every 15 minutes.
- Record dimensional measurements hourly accurately and timely.
- Prepare and monitor the soluble system.
- Check and complete setups/alignments on all related equipment.
- Manage the maintenance of equipment in the area including the replacement of mats and belts, removal and replacement of bushings and bearings as appropriate, and removal and rebuild of pneumatic and hydraulic pumps.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience with mechanical equipment, machine operation, troubleshooting, hydraulics, presswork, and inspection/SPC highly preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints, use precision gauges, and work unsupervised is required.
- Ability to lift boxes, tooling, and other objects over 50 pounds.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including possessing the ability to convey information clearly and work collaboratively well with others.
- Flexible to work overtime when necessary.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.