Tap & Assembly Operator - 2nd ShiftApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF9016Z Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 136 Pelco Drive, Darlington, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof, a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc., serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $160m in revenue. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America.
· Exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Share Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL.
Operates nut tappers, KEPS assemblers, and prevailing torque machines to produce quality automotive fasteners using nut blanks and washers by performing the following duties:
- Identify proper components to load into machines.
- Sets controls to synchronize machine actions for various operations.
- Adjusts settings of taps & punches on controls, as required, to produce product within specified tolerances and meeting quality standards.
- Verifies dimensions of workpieces with specifications.
- Recognize and inspect quality issues and troubleshoots process or quality issues with engineers to correct and document.
- Starts machines to produce sample product and measures for conformance with specifications.
- Complies with all safety rules and TS16949 policies and operating procedures.
- Maintains, oils, and cleans machines on a regular basis. Drains and cleans oil trays, dumps scrap, and sweeps floors to maintain housekeeping standards.
- Keeps tools well organized and reorder as necessary to assure proper inventory levels.
- Ensures all quality and safety documentation is completed.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- High School diploma or the equivalent required; Associates degree preferred.
- Prior experience operating tapping and/or assembly equipment preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine production and quality reports.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds repetitively.
- Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to stand 8 hours; bend regularly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.