BuyerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF11918T Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 58 Corporate Drive, Danville, KY Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces diversified products in global markets. Some of its products include welding equipment, automotive components, construction materials and commercial food equipment. The Food Equipment Group is one of seven ITW decentralized business segments. This position is in the Hobart Warewash Division at its Danville, Kentucky facility, located 45 minutes south of Lexington, Kentucky. This position reports directly to the Materials Manager overseeing purchasing responsibilities for the facility and is responsible for purchasing functions for the facility.
The Warewash Business Division produces Hobart brand commercial dishwashers that are used in hotels, casinos, restaurants, cruise ships, schools, universities and retail establishments. We are the industry leader and are seeking to expand our growth in existing served markets as well as new markets.
Position Summary: Responsible for the purchasing functions of Danville facility. Ensures the raw materials, outsourcing activities, and purchased materials are available when needed for their respective functions.
Responsibilities and Authority:
- Perform complex vendor negotiations and contract set up.
- Purchase raw materials to ensure it is available when production is ready to produce. This includes placing POs, monitoring inventory levels, communicating with suppliers, ensuring receipt of materials.
- Utilize MRD/Kanban systems in the process of planning and inventory management.
- Strategically reviews the purchasing history, demands, and purchasing strategy for making modifications to the ordering process affecting the inventory KPIs and desired pricing metrics.
- Coordinates data, tasks, and projects with the Warewash Sourcing Team and Corporate Strategic Sourcing departments.
- Communicates and consults with engineering, quality and operations on design changes and quality improvements.
- Assist and work on specialty regulatory projects and supply chain integrity programs including vendor performance ratings.
- Assist in PLS & 80/20 Activities to minimize our purchasing activity, determine better purchasing strategies, and identify potential improvements to our supply chain.
- Perform administrative tasks such as investigative inventory discrepancies, invoice verifications and resolution of receipts.
- B.S. degree in Business, Purchasing, or Supply Chain or 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient Data Analysis skills for creating strategies for
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain best practices.
- Understanding of lean techniques including MRD and Kanban
- Negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills to create and maintain data (preference: Epicor)
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Technical Backgrounds with stainless steel (preference)
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear in an office and manufacturing environments; uses hands to finger, handle or touch objects or controls. Duties include computer related activities 80% of the time. The employee may lift, push or pull up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the following: close, distance, peripheral, and ability to adjust focus. This position may require 10% travel.
Other: For this position, working from home is “not” available and the primary work hours are 7:00am – 3:30pm.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.