Technical Service Materials Engineer - Electric VehiclesApply Job ID REF4298A Date posted 11/18/2021 Address 30 Endicott Street, Danvers, MA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Identify, test and recommend adhesive products, new product & modifications for existing and potential customers primarily in Electric Vehicles with a secondary cross over skills in conventional Transportation. Provide adhesive and sealant solutions to problems and provide a Professional level of Technical Service to customers and prospects in all company brands.
Provide technical support to internal and external customers:
- Assist is in the sales process by evaluating applications and materials, recommend products and conduct customer visits to observe and develop application techniques, audits and presentations.
- Develop strong relationships with OEM, Tier Suppliers, and Material manufacturers.
- Proactively develop and visit the appropriate contacts with the Engineering, Materials, or Quality departments of key customers and material manufacturers. Establish and support testing adhesive specifications for major direct and indirect customers.
- Provide field sales with technical data, test results, graphs, and reports.
- Work with field sales & marketing and other ITW groups to generate and analyze market data to identify new products for ITW growth initiatives in the EV market including, vehicle construction, batter and pack systems and other associated infrastructure support the growth of EVs
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and test competitive products against ITW portfolio products for specific customer projects or problems and historical data.
- Participate in the commercialization of new product launches coordinating technical data with other essential departments.
- Collaborate with Marketing to produce “Marcom Tools” (Technical Data Sheets, physical property data and technical writing for brochures and trade shows) needed for all brands.
- Answer phone and electronic inquiries from the website or CMI programs to provide potential or existing customers product selections or trouble shoot application issues.
- Work independently or in multi-functional teams to develop new business opportunities, advise on new potential products or the modification of existing ones.
- Ability to support lab work presented at customers, trade shows, customer audits, industry presentations and on lining as well as emergency customer support.
- Responsible for various aspects of project management. Coordinate new projects and new product development activities with Technical Product Managers, field sales, R&D and Marketing.
- Help identify Industry trends, use ITW tools to continually introduce best practices to optimize the department, and help identify new business development trends.
- Maintain an electronic database to record Technical Service data and aid in protecting the company from undue liability.
- Assist in training/direction of new product training modules, training personnel and distributor reps.
- Promote, support and adhere to all safety, environmental and quality related policies and procedures.
- Education: BS or higher degree in a Material Science, Engineering or Chemistry.
- 5 plus years’ experience or equivalent supporting the Transportation market
- Strong knowledge of EV vehicles, battery storage and assemblies. Ability to interpret a problem and to accurately convey solutions both verbally and in writing.
- Analysis of bulk material properties, present in large and small groups.
- Technical/professional expertise demonstrated through problem-solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivation
- A high standard of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- Ability to work in a dynamic, changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong mechanical and diagnostic ability.
- Analytic thinker with the ability to execute on objectives, Strong computer, organizational, and destructive and mechanical testing skills. Fluent with Word, Excel, JD Edwards experience a plus.
- Travel: up to 30% and hold a valid passport
- Physical: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for equipment part handling, customers substrates and to work in tight places on occasion.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.