Process Improvement Specialist - TX, OK, AR, LAApply Job ID REF2769H Date posted 06/14/2021 Address 1234 Texas Lane, Dallas, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The Process Improvement Specialist is an “ITW Welding Portfolio - Subject Matter Expert”, who will be responsible for developing and executing value-based sales strategies aimed at growing ITW share within significant end user accounts. The primary focus of this role will be on manufacturing level discovery within these accounts to identify process improvement opportunities. The Process Improvement Specialist will effectively identify and document current manufacturing constraints in the welding environment & will develop, validate, and execute the most customer advantageous ITW solution that will deliver value to that customer. ITW Welding is comprised of a portfolio of industry leading brands and solutions including Miller Electric Mfg. welding equipment, Hobart filler metals, Bernard and Tregaskiss mig guns. This role will execute with the ITW Values being at top of mind: integrity, respect, trust, shared risk, and simplicity.
This posting is for a Process Improvement Specialist that will function, and ideally reside within, the following geography: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana
- Engage both plant-level & C-Suite individuals to advance the execution of strategic solutions aimed at successfully optimizing their welding operations.
- Effective utilization of ITW Welding sales tools throughout manufacturing level discovery to support the development of customized ROI based solutions that will be validated via demo stages of the sales process.
- Leverage the appropriate divisional and regional sales resources as necessary to create effective and measurable solution(s) through customized product demonstrations for the customer.
- Coordinate the involvement of these complimentary resources to assist with specific sales opportunities (demonstration, training, installation, new product development, etc.).
- Build intimate relationships with our customers throughout the solutions process to create an environment of trust and shared risk.
- Develop an understanding of each plant’s business and operational challenges to uncover new opportunities for ITW Welding to add value and extend the reach of ITW Welding solutions.
- Maintain effective communication between Regional and Divisional ITW Welding resources to coordinate local level support for our customers.
- Effective utilization of CRM (Microsoft D365) and other tools to assist in the timely progress towards adoption of our customer solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of experience in technical sales.
- Excellent knowledge of ITW’s full portfolio of products to include welding equipment, filler metal, guns, fume extraction, automation, and safety products and their application within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong general business acumen, with emphasis on understanding manufacturing processes
- Technically conversant in the latest welding and automation technologies.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with key decision makers and influencers with excellent presentation skills to support the conversion process.
- Strategic selling skills with a command of value-added sales techniques.
- Ability to develop strategic plans and proposals around current customer landscape.
- Highly motivated and results oriented with the ability to work independently and in a team environment to easily adapt to change, consistently meet deadlines and excellent follow through.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (Microsoft D365).
- Overnight travel approximately 50%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.