Key Account Manager – TP GroupApply Job ID REF6901T Date posted 06/14/2022 Address Crawley Avenue, Crawley, England Job Type Full-time
ITW Construction Products UK/Nordics is a division of ITW, innovating, designing and manufacturing advanced industrial technology. We are industry influencers and market leaders in our fields with five high quality brands at the front of technology and enterprise. At all levels in our organisation, we are encouraged to embrace our inner entrepreneur to drive actions, focus on what matters and share ideas so that every individual can have an impact on the business. In return we are rewarded, supported in our development and given the opportunities to grow within a large multinational organisation.
The Travis Perkins group comprises of a diverse portfolio of businesses, including the largest builders merchant network in the UK and a fast-growing retailer of tools and building materials, specialising in ecommerce.
ITW Construction Products UK is seeking a creative and commercially astute individual to continue the journey towards full potential with this key 80 partner. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing strong customer relationships across the many layers of their business, providing an excellent customer experience, and creating strategic business plans to further increase market share and brand engagement.
This role will involve a deep understanding of both the clients and Wood business unit’s strategic vision and short / long term ambitions. Collaborating closely with the wider commercial and marketing teams, logistics and customer services to discover opportunities for process simplification and profitable growth through jointly agreed strategic plans.
Primary responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Deliver annual growth expectations beyond standard market growth
- Achieve sales growth and net profit targets
- Identify opportunities and develop action plans for profitable growth (growth lever 1)
- Focus on the 80 and continue to find opportunities for simplification across the Division
- Support the division on continuing our journey towards Full Potential
- Have an aggressive share-gain mindset
- Consistent analysis of internal and external data sources to provide and communicate key market insights both from us to the accounts and from them to us.
- Pro-actively manage the product range and availability within the estate of these accounts.
- Develop multi-level relationships with and provide an excellent customer experience
- Collaborate with the wider ITW teams to ensure the activity is aligned with overall business strategy
- Be self-aware and identify personal areas of development
- Ensure day to day account responsibilities are completed on time to high professional standard
- Support the business in enhancing the CBI pipeline by better understanding End-User pain points via this channel (growth lever 3)
- Show understanding and relevant application of ITW toolbox
- Adopt 70/20/10 approach, undertaking formal training for development areas where necessary
- Arrange and/or attend specific company networking events and/or trade shows which will include evenings and weekends from time to time
- Keep safe and look out for colleagues physical & mental well being
- Report any incidents, accidents or near misses and any other Health and Safety issue that may be relevant in yours or the work environment.
- A good standard of education
- Experience of sales preferably within the fixings and power tool sector with specific focus on fast moving markets and products.
- Highly self-motivated
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite of products.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Flexibility to travel nationally
- A full driving Licence
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.