Application EngineerApply Job ID REF5973Y Date posted 04/01/2022 Address Meriden Road, Coventry, England Job Type Full-time
ITW is a Fortune 200 multinational company. Since our founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world's leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses.
ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 53 countries that employ more than 45,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 18,000 granted and pending patents.
ITW EU Regional AccountsDivision serves the Automotive OEM (Renault-Nissan, PSA, FCA, Volvo and JLR) and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners totaling approximately $200M in revenues, 500 people. Units include: Beauchamp and Ingwiller, FR; Hone, IT; Basingstoke, UK and Bredaryd, SE.
The Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW EU Regional Accounts enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by:
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in EU.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
Strategy & Goals
Our strategy is focused on organic growth. In order to achieve our full potential, we are reinforcing our Sales & Engineering organization and hiring an additional Application Engineer within our Sales team in the UK.
The Application Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for supporting the sales team by means of communicating technical information to the customer and internal team members. This position will have direct communications with customers and suppliers to obtain the best solution for projects by applying knowledge of engineering principles to develop, design, engineer, and validate products. The position requires some product design for new parts and assemblies with varying degrees of complexity, and high degree of creativity, but most of the responsibility will be in working with the customer to define the application, process, estimating cost, and identify the best solution - communicating with the design and manufacturing team on requirements. This role requires flexibility, ability to manage multiple projects, and work with several stakeholders.
- Be the “go-to” for the sales team as a first point of contact for technical training, guidance and customer engineering activity. Prepare and manage necessary supporting documents.
- Attend sales and engineering meetings to support product development at customer locations and ITW sites providing application expertise
- Manage and coordinate project assignments with the Sales and Engineering Teams to meet specific customer requirements.
- Managing the completion of new business RFQ responses, including technical & compliance evaluations, design documentation, and cost estimates, coordinating and working with designers and other team members to ensure a timely & satisfactory response to customers
- Ensure product designs meet or exceed customer, manufacturing, and financial requirements.
- Support activities leading to improvements of existing products and development of new products and processes. This may include prototype activities, DOE, and product testing.
- Assist with the APQP process on new programs by clearily communicating customer requirements and expectations and supporting a smooth transition to production.
- Benchmark competitive products and competitor capabilities, offering solutions on ITW differentiation.
- Assist in defining product portfolio and product strategy.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5+ Years of experience in automotive related engineering or technical position.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience in Automotive industry, experience with JLR, Nissan and their Tier suppliers would be a plus.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Willing to travel; primarily domestic and occasionally world-wide (mostly Europe).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.