Equipment Field Service TechnicianApply Job ID REF8044D Date posted 09/28/2022 Address Anywhere, Columbus, Ohio Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
Alpine is seeking an Equipment Field Service Tech to join our team. The service technician is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, and repairing mechanical equipment; including, but not limited to electronic control panels and related mechanical, electrical or computer equipment, designed and built exclusively by ITW Alpine at the customer’s location.
- Extensive travel required (60-80%), including weekends, as necessary.
- Installs Alpine equipment at customer sites. Drills holes and bolts metal framework and supports in place. Cuts, drills, and fits brackets, supports, covers, and fixtures from metal sheet, strap or bar stock. Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures. Bolts and screws control panels and assembled operating units to framework. Connects electrical wiring and cables.
- Reads and understands manuals and work instructions.
- Reads proprietary blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Aligns machines and equipment using proprietary procedures and guidelines.
- Provides onsite service and repairs. Repairs, troubleshoots, calibrates, and lubricates machines and equipment per the instruction manual or work instructions.
- Installs & adjusts computer hardware and software and related operating systems and programs, printers and other electronic equipment, based on specific factory training required for ITW/Alpine Equipment and related proprietary firmware and software.
- Provides customer training on installed equipment. Trains operator to run and maintain equipment. Familiarizes customer with service manual and computer interface. Monitors customer’s work to provide guidance and answer questions.
- Works in the office when not traveling, performing all tasks as required to provide customer service. Will take customer orders and perform troubleshooting with customers by phone and online.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of experience working on industrial equipment
- 2+ years of experience with: mechanical, electrical, electronic, computer, motion control systems, firmware, software, and related components and systems preferred
- Experience with installing and training customers on automated equipment preferred
- Possess/maintain valid driver’s license and maintain a clear Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Extensive travel required (60-80% domestic and international), including weekends, as necessary.
- Must be able to obtain the appropriate visa/work documentation to enable travel to customer’s location to perform work as necessary and wherever assigned worldwide
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.