Quality Control Technician (2nd shift)Apply Job ID REF6596B Date posted 06/09/2022 Address 6600 Cornell Road, Cincinnati, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Evercoat is the global leader in the manufacture of professional auto body repair fillers and putties, adhesives, professional car care, recreational marine patch and repair products. Evercoat is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the ITW Performance Polymers and Fluids segment. We are known for our unique80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL.
Reporting to the Quality manager, this position is responsible for all quality control testing and activities on site including incoming raw material and finished good testing. Testing activities include rheology measurements, reaction kinetics, density, application efficacy and visual characteristics. This position is also responsible for completing short term technical customer service projects as well as assisting senior chemists with design of experiments sample formulating and characterization. Analyzing data and generating monthly quality metrics as well as report writing for short term projects is required.
This is a second shift position. Monday-Friday 2:30-11pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- QC testing of raw materials including viscosity, density and reaction kinetics
- QC testing and recording of finished goods including rheology, reaction kinetics, density, visual characteristics and application efficacy
- Short term customer service projects involving formulation and characterization
- DOE formulating and characterization of experimental samples
- Statistical analysis and quality metric calculation
- SPC monitoring and reporting
- Lab restocking, monitoring retains / disposing of retains in hazardous waste
- Batch sheets and material COA’s documentation
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum education is an Associates Degree in Chemistry or other similar technical field.
- BS in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering preferred.
- 0-3 years’ work or internship experience.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experiences in labs and/or instrumentation, formulating non-Newtonian fluids, Excel Stat pkg and/or Mini tab as well as DOE and Statistical Process Control considered a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Computer literacy is required.
The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation. Please refer to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.